We updated some internal structure to make auto upgrades more reliable starting with version 1.4. Follow these instructions to upgrade to the latest version.
Note: These changes are applicable only for the paid versions – Pro, Multisite and Developer.
Warning: Do not upgrade without following these instructions. If you already upgraded, look for Clean Up Instructions below.
The folder name for the plugin must be “smart-manager-for-wp-e-commerce” (it was “smart-manager” up to version 1.3). And you must enter the serial key under Settings to get automatic upgrades.
Part 1: Upgrade Instructions
- Login to your WordPress admin
- If you haven’t yet entered your license key in Smart Manager Settings, do that first.
- Go to Smart Manager – Settings under WordPress Admin
- Enter the license key and validate it
- You can find the license key in the purchase confirmation email
- Contact us with your purchase details if you can not find your license key
- Go to Plugins – Installed Plugins.
- Locate “Smart Manager for WP e-Commerce” in the list.
- You should see that a new version is available. Click on update automatically link. Follow the prompts to complete the upgrade.
- Upgrade until you have version 1.4.
- Once the upgrade completes, follow the “Clean Up Instructions” below.
Part 2: Clean Up Instructions
- Come to Plugins – Installed Plugins under WordPress admin.
- You should now see two entries for “Smart Manager for WP e-Commerce” in the list. One will be your old version and one will be 1.4.
- Click on “Delete” link in the old version. Don’t worry. This will not affect your WPeC data.
- Follow the prompts to delete the old version. Alternatively, you can delete the old version of the plugin via FTP:
- Login to your server via FTP
- Navigate to
- Delete the
smart-managerfolder. (and not the
- Verify that you have 1.4 version. You can also verify this by the presence of “Show Variations” checkbox on the Products dashboard under Smart Manager.
- Congratulations. You have now successfully upgraded to the latest version and will be able to reliably use auto update from now on.