FAQ for Offer Your Price
1. What is Offer Your Price? What does it do? How will it be useful?
Offer Your Price is a WooCommerce extension that lets your customers name their own price for your products. You can choose which products are offered under such “pay what you want” strategy, and can even set minimum price / maximum discount rules. This is a proven pricing strategy that increases sales, builds trust with customers and creates a stronger brand value.
2. Which e-commerce plugins is Offer Your Price plugin compatible with?
Offer Your Price is compatible only with WooCommerce.
3. Is Offer Your Price responsive?
Yes, Offer Your Price is responsive with all mobile devices.
4. How & when are discount coupons generated & sent?
A discount coupon will be created and emailed to customer in the following two cases:
- If the price entered by customer is greater than or equal to minimum allowed price set by store owner, a coupon with amount equal to difference in price of the product & price entered by customer will be generated.
- If the price entered by customer is less than minimum allowed pice set by store owner, a coupon with amount equal to difference in price of product & minimum allowed price set, will be generated.
5. Can a customer create multiple offer coupons if his/her previous offer is already accepted?
Customer won’t get offer coupon if his/her previous offer is already accepted and coupon still not used/expired.
6. Is it possible to have a setup where store owners can decide which offers to accept, deny and counter offer?
Basically, you want control over Offer Processing functionality, right? Yes, it’s possible. But in this case also you have to set rules and also have to enable option “Stop counter offers”. You can set maximum discount percentage as low as possible (like 0.01%) to treat each offer as a counter offer.
7. Is it possible to set expiry period for discount coupons generated from Offer Your Price? If yes, how?
Yes, it is possible. You can set validity period for coupons from WooCommerce -> Settings -> Products -> Offer Your Price – Settings. Set number of days under ‘Validity of generated coupons’.
8. Is it possible to change text for Offer Your Price button?
Yes. You can change the button text from WooCommerce -> Settings -> Products -> Offer Your Price – Settings.
9. What does ‘Prices in above rule should not overlap’ mean?
It means price ranges you enter, should not overlap. Otherwise it will create a conflict (which rule to apply??). Consider the case below where you’ve set two rules – one for price range 0 to 100. And another for price range 100 to 200. What if the customer enters 100 as his offer price? Which rule should be picked?
To avoid such confusion / conflicts, always make sure price ranges do not overlap. You can use something like – 0 to 99.99 and 100 to 199.99; and so on.« Back to Offer Your Price