How to Connect your Store to receive Plugin Updates
After installing plugin, it is necessary to connect your store to StoreApps.org in order to receive regular updates for the product you purchased from StoreApps.
Why store connector?
Earlier, we would issue license keys for each of our plugins. Customers had to then validate the license key before using the plugin. Now imagine what if a customer bought multiple plugins? He had to validate license keys for each of the plugins.
To avoid this and make onboarding simple, we have introduced Store Connector. Wherein once you connect your store, you don’t need to validate license keys plus you also receive future updates of StoreApps plugins that are active on your store.
How to connect your store to enable plugin updates?
After you activate any plugin from StoreApps;
- Login to your WordPress site and go to admin page of the plugin you installed. If a plugin doesn’t have admin page, then go to Products page.
- There you will be shown a popup of Store Connector. Click on green Connect button to connect your store to your account and complete your onboarding
That’s it! Your store is connected and you will automatically receive future updates of the plugin.
Note: For plugins which don’t have a setting page, store connector will be shown on the WordPress Dashboard -> Products page.
Troubleshooting – Common Problems
Sometimes, even after a successful store connection, you are notified that please update your plugin to the latest version even though you are using the latest version Or you don’t see an update link to update the plugin to the latest version.
In that case, go to WordPress Dashboard -> Plugins. Locate the plugin & next to it you will see a Disconnect StoreApps.org link. Click on it to disconnect. Refresh that page and then click on Connect StoreApps.org and re-connect your store. Then check if the issue goes away.
Not able to connect your store?
If for some reason you are not able to connect your store, follow these steps:
- Open your browser and login to your account on StoreApps.org in one tab
- Now open another tab and go to your site and click on Connect StoreApps.org either from plugins page or individual admin setting page of that plugin
- After clicking on Connect button, your site will get connected.
Login form reloading even after entering the correct credentials?
If for some unknown reason, the login form is reloading & asking for the credentials again & again even after entering the correct credentials, follow these steps:
- Go to some other device for example if earlier you were doing it on a Desktop Computer switch to a Laptop or a Mobile & vice-versa.
- Make sure the new device is using the internet from some other network.
- Open your browser’s private mode (In Google Chrome it’s known as Incognito, in Mozilla Firefox & Safari it’s Private & in Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge it’s InPrivate)
- Log into your website’s admin panel
- Go through the process of connecting to StoreApps.org again.
- If is still not working, change your browser and try again with the above steps.
- It should work now.
If none of the above steps are working, please get in touch from here.
How to re-connect your store?
Follow these steps to re-connect (i.e. disconnect and re-connect) your store:
- Login to your WordPress site and go to Plugins page
- Locate the plugin name and next to it you will find ‘Disconnect from StoreApps.org’ link. Click on it to disconnect
- Now follow steps listed here to re-connect your account.