What happens when an offer is accepted
Here is an example which explains what happens when a customer makes an offer and it is accepted. Following example represents a Simple Product on which an offer is made by customer :
- Customer comes to the product page, likes the product, but does not want to pay the listed price. He clicks on the Offer You Price button.
- Customer sees the popup and enters his price in My Offer field.
- An acknowledgement message is shown.
- Offer Your Price processes the offer and instantly sends an acceptance email with coupon code to the customer.
- This offer was accepted because the price quoted by customer was higher than Minimum allowed price set for this product.
- This product is also using Global setting which are defined as per the image below.
- So, minimum allowed price for this product will be 10% less than the Sale Price, i.e. 10% of 195 – (10% of 195) = 175.5. But customer offered 180, which is higher than 175.5, hence his offer is accepted.