What Happens When the Customer’s Offered Price is Rejected
Here is an example which explains what happens when a customer makes an offer and it is not accepted. Following example represents a variable product where the customer’s offered price is below the minimum set price and hence is counter offered.
- A customer, say John comes to the product page, selects a variation and wants to make an offer. He clicks on the Offer You Price button.
- He sees the pop-up, and enters his price in the ‘My Offer’ field.
- An acknowledgement message is shown.
- Offer Your Price plugin processes the offer and instantly sends a counter offer email with coupon code to the customer.
- This offer was counter offered because the price quoted by the customer was less than Minimum allowed price set for this product. And this product is using the storewide settings which are defined as:
- So, minimum allowed price for this product is 120 & price offered from customer was 100, hence a counter offer was shown for Minimum allowed price which is 120.