WooCommerce themes can be fun to work with at times, but can also be confusing to understand at other times. What do you think makes it difficult?
It may be the lack of knowledge about selecting the right WooCommerce theme, not understanding the real concept behind themes for WooCommerce, or maybe it is the choice of the wrong theme.
Since the first impression of our online business is so important, it is essential to make sure that it lives up to everyone’s expectations. You must have heard, ‘What you see is sold’.
Choosing the right theme for your WooCommerce store is very important for your success. The theme you choose needs to look good, be easy to use and be optimized for mobile devices.
To help you pick a good theme for your site, we’ve created this list of the best WooCommerce themes along with a few points that you must consider before choosing the theme for your online store.
Your success is our success you see! So before any other further ado, let’s get into the blog.
Your WooCommerce theme should tick these eight points
WooCommerce works with most WordPress themes. In order to manage your business online, you will need a theme that primarily focuses on e-commerce-specific highlights and options.
We can consider a few things while choosing the right Woocommerce theme:
- Responsive design: Since most of your users will access your website from their smartphones, your theme should be mobile-friendly and look good on all devices and screen sizes.
- WordPress plugin compatibility: WooCommerce is an independent WordPress plugin and your theme must be compatible with it. Also, your theme must be compatible with other WooCommerce plugins in order to add more features to your store.
- Simple and flexible: WooCommerce themes tend to be very feature-rich, but they should be flexible and easy to use for beginners. You should look for themes that come with a comprehensive documentation for your use.
- Easily integrate with extensions: There are numerous free and paid extensions for WooCommerce. A perfect theme should be able to integrate with majority of extensions/addons in a seamless manner.
- Optimized for SEO: SEO optimization in WooCommerce themes helps you get more traffic, and more traffic means more sales.
- Integration with the page builder: Product pages created with drag-and-drop page builders save a lot of time when adding thousands of products to your WooCommerce website.
- Optimizing speed: Slow-loading websites are not good for online businesses. You should choose a WooCommerce theme that offers a fast page load time.
- Live sales notifications: A good WooCommerce theme will make it easy to set up live sales notifications for WooCommerce.
Sixteen popular WooCommerce themes
Let’s begin with the theme having the most active installs.
Astra is the most popular theme with 1 million+ active installs. It’s fast and lightweight. You can easily customize it without writing a single line of code. It’s also built specifically for WooCommerce websites to increase sales.
- Performance focused – loads in less than 0.5 seconds.
- Powerful and global design options – sticky header, mega menu, dedicated sidebar…
- Allows you to display your products in a grid layout and customize it.
- Load all products on a single page with infinite loading.
- Display trendy and attractive sales bubbles on your products.
- Quick view option to view products without opening it in a new page.
- Widgets for address, social icons, info list.
Pricing: Starts from $49
OceanWP theme is also very popular that can be used for any purpose. You can import the demo content to create an online store instantly with the one-click demo content importer provided.
- Great support for third-party plugins and drag-and-drop page builders.
- Enable/disable shop elements per need or change their order of appearance.
- Enable regular or mult-step checkout.
- Global site layouts, customizable header styles, mobile menu styles.
- RTL & Translation ready
Pricing: Starts at $43
Storefront theme is designed specifically to create an e-commerce store using WooCommerce. This theme works seamlessly with all WooCommerce plugins. It uses standard coding practices to improve the speed and search engine ranking of your website.
The theme is clean and simple but there’s no support or help desk available. However, there is an online community and forum to find answers to resolve your queries.
- Responsive layout, a flexible and nestable grid system, and enhanced SEO performance.
- Real-time customization
- Responsive and retina ready
- Display product categories, recent, featured, on-sale, and top-rated products all from your homepage.
Woostify theme makes it possible to build an online shop focused on increasing conversion and sales. It has a lot of awesome features that are needed in any online store such as AJAX add to cart, AJAX search, mega menu, sale notification, size Guide, Elementor add-ons, quick view and much more.
Here’s also an in-depth Woostify review.
- Live preview while editing any pages.
- One-click demo import and then customization all the demo sections and pages on your own.
- Integration With Elementor and Elementor add-ons
- Multi-step checkout, product swatches, Buy Now button and other functionalities.
- Best suited for WooCommerce stores into fashion and pet products.
Pricing: Starts at $49
Rishi theme is a core vital optimized WordPress theme. It has clean SEO coding and schema-friendly markups, so your website will perform exceptionally on all search engine platforms, helping you to have the upper hand.
- Quick installation with a good loading speed.
- Several shop layouts to showcase your products in style.
- Manage the number of products to display on each row and column.
- Infinite scrolling, advanced image control and related products functionalities.
Pricing: Starts at $49
GeneratePress theme focuses on speed, stability and accessibility, allowing you to start and grow your website on the right foot whether you’re a freelancer, agency, or hobbyist. It is one of the highest-rated themes in the WordPress repository.
- Completely compatible with all major page builders, including Beaver Builder and Elementor.
- 60+ color controls, powerful dynamic typography, 5 navigation locations, 5 sidebar layouts, dropdown menus (click or hover) and 9 widget areas.
- Translated into over 25 languages
Pricing: Starts at $59
Shopay from MysteryThemes is a highly customizable, responsive and beautifully designed WordPress theme built-in with full WooCommerce support. The theme is perfectly integrated with any kinds of e-commerce stores loaded with all the extensive functionality and features.
- Compatible with Gutenberg and other page builders
- Retina-ready designs
- Built-in customizer with live preview
TemplateMonster is an online marketplace with a high level of quality and cutting-edge products. You can choose from around 900 WooCommerce themes that are suitable for all kinds of niche-specific projects, small or large companies, startups, and any other kind of WooCommerce business you may run.
- Responive layouts and flexible designs
- Elementor widgets to perform additional customizations.
- Custom-made post types & formats
- Custom widgets provided, make changes in real-time.
Pricing: Starts from $39
Neve, from the house of Themeisle is a responsive theme that looks great on mobile and desktop. It has tons of ways to customize the layout, so it adapts to just about any type of store. You can customize the look of your store pages by using the WooCommerce Booster. Furthermore, Neve loads quickly and is compatible with most page builders.
- Quick view, floating cart, cart notices, catalog layouts.
- Optimized layouts for checkout – standard, vertical and stepped.
- Allow customers to filter your products using the off-canvas sidebar.
- Wishlist feature to allow customers saving their favorite products.
- 100+ ready to import starter sites.
Pricing: Starts from $69
Botiga is a sleek, lightweight theme for WooCommerce sites by aThemes. It’s performance-optimized (100% Lighthouse performance score), mobile responsive and comes with plenty of customization options to help your online business stand out.
- Customizable product card listings.
- Cart, product gallery, and checkout page styles.
- Related products and product search functionalities.
- Multi-step checkout and product swatch.
- Wishlist, sticky add to cart and advanced reviews functionalities.
- Best suited for beauty and apparel stores.
Pricing: Starts from $69
CyberChimps Responsive themes comes with beautiful, ready-to-use templates so you can quickly design & launch a unique looking WooCommerce store without writing a line of code. Get customize layout, typography, colors and more with a live preview.
- Display your products in a fully responsive and customizable grid layout.
- Choose the order in which product photos, title, description, price and add to cart buttons appear.
- Customize everything from button colors to colors of sales bubbles and other elements.
- Display product images in a flexible-width gallery that you can adjust vertically or horizontally.
Pricing: Start at $24
Jupiter X is a gorgeous multipurpose theme having the most advanced product loop and product page builder. It is a Shopify-inspired design, optimized for conversion.
- 60+ readymade shop websites
- Build your entire product catalog with a live editor without limits.
- Show smart and personalized product lists related to recently viewed products, past orders, upsells and cross-sells…
- Drag and drop or choose from a variety of readymade checkout layouts.
- One-click sign in and sign up on the same page, auto-complete address capability
- Personalized order bumps and upsells
Online Shop Pro
Online Shop Pro theme is a premium WooCommerce theme. You can add a sidebar, featured products and a navigation menu using the multi-column layout. The theme has all the features you need to create a powerful e-commerce store.
- Unlimited Google fonts
- One-click demo import
- Customize most of the theme settings with live preview using WordPress customizer.
- Unlimted slider, slider options, responsive slider image
- Translation ready
Pricing: Starts at $55
Divi (Elegant Themes)
Divi is a very popular WordPress theme. The theme has numerous design options, inline text editing, layout settings and more that make it easy to customize. With the Divi theme, you get a layout pack and 100s of stunning WooCommerce designs to build your online shop.
- 16 fully loaded WooCommerce modules
- Sidebar and full width page template options
- Create dynamic product listings anywhere
Pricing: Starts at $89 per year
Shoppe, from the house of Themify, is a multi-purpose WooCommerce theme that helps you build professional e-commerce sites in minutes using the drag & drop Themify Builder.
- 60+ regular layouts and 20+ shop landing page layouts.
- Ajax cart, wishlist, quick look lightbox, ajax quick search, product image zoom/gallery…
- Over 14 header layout options – minimal, tall, skinny, boxed…
Pricing: Starts at $59
Sabino theme is a multipurpose WooCommerce WordPress theme created to focus on restaurants, health, fashion, beauty and wellness stores. The WordPress Live Customizer makes it easy to customize.
- Build your pages with a drag and drop page builder.
- Add/enable WooCommerce drop down cart
- Set slider width, link slide to single post or custom URL.
- Set blog to grid/blocks layout
- Set WooCommerce shop, archive & product pages to left sidebar or full width.
Using WooCommerce is a surefire way to create a strong online store with great integration that will scale well as your online business grows.
By taking the time to choose the right allowed plugins, creating a minimalist theme and implementing SEO on your e-commerce site, you can be sure that your business has room to grow.
Astra, Storefront and OceanWP will be the pick of the lot due to their popularity. Other WooCommerce themes mentioned are also good. The choice depends on your requirements and budget.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me in the comments section.