Smart Manager After-Purchase FAQ’s
WP_DEBUG mode should be set to false on your site while using Smart Manager.
1. Smart Manager is empty / Can’t see products in the grid
Please make sure you are using the latest version of Smart Manager. If still the issue persists, deactivate all other plugins except WooCommerce and Smart Manager and have a re-check the issue.
If the issue goes away, keep on activating other plugins one-by-one, to find out which plugin was conflicting and let us know about that plugin. If the issue still persists, contact us.
2. What does the blue line indicate in the Products dashboard in Smart Manager?
Blue line beside the product name indicates product variations (child) of a variable product (parent).
Also, while updating Regular Price & Sale Price of variable parent product, it is handled by WooCommerce based on the variation child.
3. Updating variation parent price / sales price not working
Smart Manager is based on WooCommerce and the same e-commerce plugin sets the price / sales price of the variation parents automatically based on the price/sales price of its variations.
4. Why am I not able to view all columns in Smart Manager? Can I customize Smart Manager by adding / removing columns?
To keep things easier to understand, Smart Manager shows the most important fields by default. You can show/hide additional columns. Here’s how. You can only show new fields from here. You cannot add new fields to this list.
5. How can I update one product or products based on a particular category in Smart Manager if I have loads of products?
It is very easy to achieve this using Smart Manager. Use simple search or advanced search functionality to enter product or category name, enclose the name in double quotes for exact match. Then use Bulk Edit to perform all actions you want.
6. Does Smart Manager support custom columns that may be added using another plugin? If yes, then how to manage any custom field of any custom plugin?
Yes, Smart Manager supports custom columns added using another plugin (Version 4.0+ onwards).
You would need to save at least a single product with that custom plugin fields from WooCommerce edit product page. Then only Smart Manager will detect those custom fields and will display them in the dashboard.
7. How to have Price / Sale Price column to show with more than one decimal point after the decimal separator? For example, I want Price to be displayed as 25.57 instead of 25.
There is a setting in WooCommerce which lets you set the number of decimal points to be shown in prices after the decimal separator.
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard > WooCommerce > Settings > General.
- There under Currency Options, you will find the Number of Decimals to be set. You can set it to any value you want and then have re-check with Smart Manager functionality.
8. Simple / Advanced Search functionality not working
Please make sure you are using the latest version of Smart Manager. Kindly deactivate and then reactivate Smart Manager once and then have a check with the Smart Manager search functionality. If the issue still persists, contact us.
9. I cannot see the “Description” column anywhere. How do I update the product description using Smart Manager?
Update Smart Manager to 4.0+ and you will be able to see it.
10. Can I undo Bulk Edit results?
11. Can I bulk edit or upload featured images with Smart Manager?
Yes, you can bulk edit or upload featured image for multiple products.
12. Can I edit serialized data in Smart Manager?
Yes, you can from Smart Manager version 4.1.0+.
13. How to sort the entire database in Smart Manager?
Click on a specific column header in the grid to sort it in the entire database in Smart Manager. For removing the sort, keep clicking on the same column header till the ‘blue arrow’ (beside the column name) is gone, and by default Smart manager will list records sorted by ID in descending order.