Why are we stressing on WooCommerce bulk edit feature? Why it’s so important and how it solves the biggest pain point of store management…you’ll find in this article.
So, stay till the end without missing anything.
Businesses, believe us, we feel you!
Most often, running a WooCommerce store might sound absolute fun and easy. But it still comes with its limitations.
Let us imagine a situation where inflation forces you to increase the price of all products, say 450 on your WooCommerce shop by 15%. The thought itself of manually tapping/clicking on each product and editing seems frustrating.
Mind you, it is editing 450 products one-by-one. By now, you must be knowing how tedious and time consuming this is.
Another hassle is the absence of filtering option. To make a simple edit to a particular item among thousands, you have to run through the entire dashboard. (correct me if I’m wrong!)
This is just a one-off situation. You and we know what running an online business requires.
Remember, you are here to grow your business and not waste time in these mundane tasks.
So, if anything like making changes in bulk seems a life-saving option.
But do WooCommerce provides it? Yes, but with limitations.
Traditional WooCommerce bulk edit fells short
You may have bulk edited posts or put them in the draft in bulk. But you can bulk edit products to some extent.
- Go to your WP Dashboard > Products and check the products you want to edit. Then, select “Edit” from the “Bulk Actions” drop-down.
- b) Click on “Apply”. A bulk edit window appears. Now use the appropriate areas to bulk add a product category, change the status, increase/decrease price…and then click on the button “Update” button.
You’ve now bulk edited a bunch of products.
But, as mentioned above, here are its limitations
- Does not work for complex product types such as variable and grouped.
- No filtering option to edit only selected products (it only works by category, stock status, and product type).
- UX is not that great.
- You cannot select multiple products across multiple admin dashboard pages (you’ll need to edit them 1 page at a time).
- Can’t bulk update orders, coupons, or any WordPress custom post type.
Is Smart Manager the best WooCommerce bulk edit plugin?
Alright, long things short. Smart Manager gives you the ability to manage your entire WooCommerce store using an Excel-like spreadsheet with ease and peace.
We know WooCommerce users are probably more familiar with Excel-like spreadsheets where all products are editable with a single click in a specific cell.
More than that, the provision of convenient search filters and CSV export makes it even better.
That’s why we designed our Smart Manager plugin taking into consideration what our users will be comfortable with.
20K+ users rely on Smart Manager daily to manage their WooCommerce store and accomplish hours of work within a few clicks (and a few seconds).
Bulk edit all your WooCommerce products, variations, attributes, categories, orders, coupons, blog posts in no-time. Hassle-free interface to make product editing fun and time-saving!
But that’s not it. Smart Manager added two more big USP’s in its kitty.
The specialty of Smart Manager’s bulk edit / batch update feature
Bulk edit selected products/orders/coupons/any WordPress custom post type
Be it 10, 100 or 1000, you can bulk edit anything within seconds.
Bulk edit entire store
You can also bulk update your entire store at once.
Can bulk update 100000 products/records for any post types in minutes
Yes. As mentioned above, the number doesn’t matter. Even if you have a WooCommerce store consisting of 100000 products and you want to update them in bulk, Smart Manager will take care of it.
Bulk edit using the search functionality
Smart Manager gives you another unique feature – bulk update using ‘search’ conditions.
Example – You have 1000’s of T-shirts but want to update the price of only Polo T-shirts and having the color white and black. Simply enter these search terms in Smart Manager, select them and update the entire search result at once. It’s a matter of seconds, you’ll see updated prices of white and black Polo Tees.
Here’s how to bulk update WooCommerce products using Smart Manager
We’ll see three cases:
1. Bulk edit selected products with multiple parameters
Here, we update the following parameters for selected products in bulk – regular price, sale price, stock, manage stock and description.
Watch the video below and you’ll get to know how in seconds you can bulk edit things.
2. Bulk edit entire WooCommerce store
Say, Halloween is approaching and you want to increase prices of all your store items by 10% before runing an offer.
Step 1 – Go to ‘Smart Manager’ and under the drop-down menu, select ‘Products’
Step 2 – Simply check the ‘header checkbox’ (i.e. checkbox in the row of column headers) to update all records for a particular post type, click on ‘Batch Update’.
You will be able to see the updates on your online store within seconds!
3. Bulk edit using search filters
In this case, we only want to update prices in bulk of Dell Laptops whose regular price is greater than $470.
As shown in the image, enter your search conditions and Smart Manager will give you the desired results instantly. Then, simply click on the ‘Batch Update’ icon to update the prices.
As simple as that. I don’t want to brag about it. But honestly, it’s so simple, I can’t resist myself.
Benefits of using Smart Manager’s bulk edit feature
- Helps you save your time and effort on manually editing each product.
- Eliminates the risk of human errors and miscalculations as numbers are involved.
- Reduces the risk of missing out on any record while making an update.
- Gives the simplest store management people always wish for.
- Makes your life easy.
With this, take a sneak peek into what more can you get done with Smart Manager
- Inline Edit: Make multiple changes directly in the spreadsheet and save it all at a tap. No need to go through each entry one-by-one.
- Easy Management: View and manage products, orders, coupons, etc. and toggle easily in an excel-like spreadsheet format.
- Quick & Easy Export: Export the data as per your requirements – entire store or based on date, search and column filters.
- Duplicate Entire Store: Easily make a copy of selected records or all the existing records for any post type.
- Robust Search: Our simple and advanced search feature will help you find what you need within seconds!
- Add & Delete: Easily add or remove data rows as per requirements.
- Column Management: Sort data – price in ascending or descending order, show or hide data columns you like to deal with.
8 use cases where Smart Manager’s WooCommerce bulk edit will be an absolute boon
Listed below are some of the widely use cases that can make your work-life simpler and easier at a very gradual effort!
There may be countless use cases and Smart Manager will prove the perfect plugin for that.
1. Increase or decrease prices for all products by a set percentage (%) or value ($)
Best application – Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Halloween, Christmas, Boxing Day and other festivals
It’s the biggest sales season of the year – Black Friday and Cyber Monday. You don’t want to leave any stone unturned to earn maximum revenue.
To make this quick, you offer a flat discount of 30% on all your products – which includes variations as well. Your product inventory says you have 3600 products.
Imagine doing this manually.
Oh sorry!! Why imagine when you have Smart Manager?
Use Smart Manager’s Bulk Edit /Batch Update feature and get this done within minutes!
2. Modify sale price based on the regular price
Best application – Price fluctuation during inflation, seasonal changes and demand for grocery items
Imagine you are a grocery store owner. Now, due to inflation, seasonal changes and demand, the prices of commodities like fruits and vegetables keep fluctuating and you have to be quick.
Say, you need to up the sale price by 20% compared to the regular price for 10 days. For the next corresponding 10 days, sale price down by 15%.
Editing prices and managing stock of perishable items is a tedious task.
But with StoreApps Smart Manager, you can save your company’s cost and effort to a high level in this case.
3. Update inventory for simple products within one selected product category
Best application – Fashion, books, health & fitness stores
You know it’s rainy season lined up in a month and you need to add stock of ponchos, dri-fit pants, rain-cover for bags, etc. beforehand.
Assume your product category is rainwear and you want to increase the inventory of all products falling into this category by 200 units.
Simply, search for product category using Smart Manager and all your products will be listed belonging to rainwear. Select all items in the search result by checking the ‘header checkbox’, increase stock by 200 and it will be reflected in all the products within seconds.
4. Bulk edit sale price of all variation products within one selected product category
Best application – Electronics, digital subscription products
There’s a huge competition in the smartphone market; say $200-$250 range.
And you have 3 phones with 9 variations falling into these segment or category.
Since you see a downfall in sales, you want to attract customers by offering a discount on top-selling variants.
Switch to StoreApps Smart Manager and you can get this done within minutes-saving cost and being real-time!
5. Update description and SEO Noindex status of multiple blog posts
Best application – Increase traffic by pruning low-performing posts
Pruning old, a non-performing blog post can result in more qualified traffic as your website get a higher rank in Google.
So, instead of going through each post-one-by-one and non-indexing them, simply search and select those blog posts, add a description as ‘Poor performing post’ and Noindex them using Smart Manager.
6. Increase coupon limit for purchasers between a particular date range
Best application – Customer retention, repeat purchases
Customers may not continue the subscription or may not purchase from you the second time. God knows the exact reason. But we can at least use bait to nudge them to renew or buy again.
For this, you can select specific customers like purchasers one year ago who made a purchase using a coupon, say a 15% off coupon.
So, simply select all these users and extend their coupon usage to two or three times further.
Btw…no need to manually do this one-by-one. Smart Manager will get this done within seconds, literally!
7. Update subscription statuses in bulk
Best application – Get rid of freeloaders
We know some customers keep on using free-trial and ask to extend. But in the end, they don’t convert even if you try your best.
You want to cancel/suspend subscriptions of these customers (say twenty in number) who have taken the plan from Jun 2019 to Aug 2019. who haven’t taken the paid plan past August 2019.
Manually doing this sounds painful, right? StoreApps’ Smart Manager make these process as quick as a breeze!
8. Update order statuses
Best application – New product launch
Let’s say, during the sale period, you launched a new product and offered Free Shipping on first 100 orders.
Now, orders are shipped and you want to update statuses of these 100 orders from ‘Shipping Pending’ to ‘Shipped’.
As usual, SM will do that for you.
Ready to make your life easier?
Bulk update, one-page store management, excel-like spreadsheet, compatibility…what more do you need? Smart Manager is a complete package.
8+ years into business and Smart Manager continues to be a popular and reliable plugin for tons of WooCommerce users.
Now it’s your turn to reap those benefits…even more than what other users have reaped from Smart Manager. It’s a promise, you won’t be disappointed.