Good news! You can now handle WooCommerce PayPal payouts for your affiliates. That means you can pay commissions to your affiliates with PayPal directly using Affiliate For WooCommerce plugin.
Quick sneak-peak about Affiliate For WooCommerce plugin
If you have entered late, Affiliate For WooCommerce plugin helps you set-up your own affiliate program. No complexities or confusion whatsoever.
Developed by StoreApps, the plugin is available on WooCommerce.com
Some top features of Affiliate For WooCommerce plugin:
- Automatically turn your customers (or any other WordPress users) into affiliates.
- Affiliates can generate links and track commissions themselves.
- Self-explanatory KPIs to monitor affiliate performance.
- Real-time reporting about sales from affiliates, reports on individual affiliate performance, an affiliate leaderboard, etc.
- Create affiliate marketing campaigns
- Unlimited tracking – 1 or 1,000 affiliates, track them all.
- Detailed log of every payout sent to affiliates.
and a lot more…
Benefits of sending affiliate payouts via PayPal
Very important – PayPal Payouts API!
The PayPal payouts requires API access to be enabled in your PayPal account. So for the sender, PayPal API credentials set in WooCommerce will be used for payments.
Make sure, ‘Payout via PayPal’ is enabled on your WooCommerce store.
For affiliates to receive payout commissions via PayPal, they need to set their PayPal email under My Account > Affiliate > Profile > Payment Setting as shown in the image below.
Alternatively, store-admin can set the PayPal email for the affiliates as shown.
Steps to issue PayPal payouts to affiliate using Affiliate For WooCommerce plugin
- Go to WooCommerce > Affiliate. You will see the Affiliate Dashboard. Select the user profile you need to send the commissions.
- If user’s PayPal email address is available, then ‘Pay via PayPal’ will be selected by default.
- Set custom message for reference (optional).
- Check for Unpaid statuses under the ‘Orders’ tab.
- Select the unpaid orders, the ‘Commission to pay’ (total value) will get updated as you keep selecting (this is for sending commission payout in bulk for a single user).
- Click on ‘Pay via PayPal’.
That’s it. Do the same for other affiliates.
You can also see the status ‘Paid’ and the Transaction Id for tracking if required. To see the Transaction ID, switch to the ‘Payouts’ tab. (Refer the below screenshot)
Note – This is a manual process. Automatic payouts via PayPal is on our roadmap. We are also planning to add Payout via Stripe gateway and others. So buy this plugin and you’ll enjoy all other features that will be released in the future.
How to handle commission payouts manually?
This is when PayPal email is not set. OR store-owner / affiliates are not using PayPal. OR your affiliates need payment via another method like a direct bank transfer.
- Go to WooCommerce > Affiliates. You will see the Affiliate Dashboard. Select the user profile you need to send the commissions.
- Since the user’s PayPal email address is not available, ‘PayPal’ will be shown as inactive. And ‘Pay via Manual’ will be active.
- The current day will be selected by default.
- Add a custom message for reference during payout (optional)
- Check for Unpaid statuses
- Select the unpaid orders. ‘Commission Paid’ (total value) will get updated as you keep selecting.
- Click on ‘Add Payout’
This will only record Manual payouts. It won’t send the actual commission as you do for PayPal.
To do the actual payouts (payment) to affiliates, you need to have your affiliates’ bank account details to transfer money.
If you are an existing Affiliate For WooCommerce plugin user, start using this feature.
If you are new, get Affiliate For WooCommerce plugin here. You won’t be disappointed.
Questions, suggestions, feedback? Share them in the comments section below.