Smart Offers Post-Purchase FAQ
1. When I click on accept or skip link in the offer, I get a 404 page not found error and nothing is added to the cart
Edit that offer and go to Offer Description. Switch to Text tab and check if the accept and skip shortcode have double quotes around it i.e. it should be as shown below:.
For accept: <a href=”[[so_acceptlink offer_id=23]]”>
For skip: <a href=”[[so_skiplink offer_id=23]]”>
Add double quotes if not present and save the offer. Then check the offer. The Accept & Skip link will work correctly now (by default, double quotes should be there around the shortcode but in some cases it doesn’t get added and then you’ll have to manually add it).
2. I can’t see the preview when I click on the ‘Preview Changes’ button
Deactivate and reactivate Smart Offers once and then have a check if it is working. If it is still not working then save your permalinks i.e. go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and click on ‘Save Changes‘. It will work after that.
3. In which all cases, there is a possibility that an offer won’t be shown?
Following are the cases when an offer won’t be shown:
- You are not using the latest version of Smart Offers
- In the offer, Offered Product field is empty
- If the Offered Product is Hidden and option Show Offer for hidden products in Smart Offers -> Settings & Styles is set to No
- Offered Product is out of stock
- None of the option is ticked in Which page/s to show this offer on
- If the Offer does not satisfy the offer rules
- Try switching from Inline to Popup and vice-versa
- If you have multiple rules in the offer, then make sure all offer rules are getting satisfied
- If a customer has already accepted or skipped that offer because an offer is visible only once to a customer in that particular session. The customer can again see the same offer when they log in again (registered users). For guest users, the same offer will be visible again when they close the browser and open it again i.e. upon visiting your site next time
- If there is any error in browser’s console (open browser console in Chrome using Ctrl+Shift+j). Check from where those errors are coming from (most of the time it is your theme or any other plugin activated) and resolve them
- If you are using any caching plugin, clear cache from that plugin. Also clear cache from your browser and then have a check
- Conflict with any other plugin or your theme. Check our Self Service Guide to find and resolve conflict with other plugins/theme.
4. Smart Offer is not visible as Popup but the same offer is visible as Inline
It might be possible that Smart Offer is either conflicting with your theme or any other plugin. To verify,
- Open the browser’s console and check if there are any errors in the browser’s console. If yes, then check which plugin is throwing that error and fix the same and then check. (you can open the browser console in Windows Chrome using Ctrl+Shift+j).
- Deactivate all your plugins except WooCommerce & Smart Offers and switch your current theme to default WordPress theme (2017 / 2016) and then have a check with the functionality.
If you can see offer in Popup, then keep on activating other plugins one by one to find the conflicting plugin and then contact us to let us know about that conflicting plugin or theme.
5. My offer is not displaying on Order Complete / Thank You page.
Please verify these cases:
- Have you checked Order complete page checkbox under Where to show offer setting of that offer? If not then it should be checked.
- Please make sure you are using Smart Offers latest version
- Check the order status after an order is placed i.e. by default Smart Offers will show offer on Order Complete page if order status is Completed or Processing. If you want to show offer on other order status, then refer here for how to change it.
6. If I skip an offer, why I am not able to see the same offer again?
There are two cases when a skipped offer won’t be visible:
- By default in Smart Offers if an offer is skipped, then the same offer won’t be visible until
the customer logs in again (registered users) i.e. an offer will be visible only once in that particular session. For guest users, the same offer will be visible again when they close the browser and open it again i.e. upon visiting your site next time.
- If the option Hide From This User – Never show this offer to this customer again if skipped once is checked, then the same offer won’t be visible to the customer when they skip that offer.
7. For Variable Product, I’m not able to select Variations (or not visible / or broken) from the drop down in the Offer
Please make sure :
- you have saved Variations correctly in the Variable Product
- if you can select the Variations on the Variable Product Page
- you have shortcode [so_product_variants] written inside the offer
- you have added attributes for creating variations globally via Products -> Attributes and not via custom product attributes. Learn more from here.
Still can’t see Variations even after performing above steps? Then it might be possible that Smart Offer is either conflicting with your theme or any other plugin. To verify, de-activate all your plugins except WooCommerce & Smart Offers and switch your current theme to default WordPress theme (2016 / 2015 / 2014 / 2013 / 2012) and then have a check with the functionality (Refer Self Service Guide for detailed steps).
If you can then select Variations from the drop down, then keep on activating other plugins one by one to find the conflicting plugin (and then theme at the end) and then contact us to let us know about that conflicting plugin or theme.
8. I’m getting a notice “This is not valid offer for you”.
Make sure the offer you have set up, satisfies all the offer’s rules as that notice comes only when you try to use the offer which doesn’t satisfy offer rules.
If offer satisfies all the rules and then to you are seeing the same notice, then contact us.
9. Is it possible to change the text & look of “Yes, Add to Cart” and “No, I want to skip”?
Yes, it is possible to change the text and look of the Yes, Add to Cart and No, I want to skip. The text can be changed in the Offer Description and style can be changed by going to Smart Offers -> Settings -> Styles. There are 3 pre-defined styles for accept links. You can use that or add your own custom style for the links.
Refer here for more information: Smart Offers Settings and How to change CTA labels
10. How does Smart Offers set the preferences of showing up offers in case of multiple offers satisfying the conditions applicable on a particular page?
In case of multiple offers satisfying the conditions and are applicable on a particular page, then Smart Offers will pick an offer depending upon the setting ‘Offer Priority‘ set in the offer.
11. Offer added via shortcode is always showing
The reason for re-execution of the same offer is because on accepting / skipping the offer, page is getting refreshed. WordPress then re-executes the content written in the editor and since shortcode is written inside editor, show offer shortcode also gets executed along with it and hence you are seeing same offer again.
It is not a bug but the functionality of Smart Offers plugin.
If you do not want this to happen, configure your offer using any of the following setting,
– set a unique rule in the offer which will prevent the showing up of the offer.
– under Actions to take when offer is Accepted , select option Redirect to a URL and redirect your customers to any other page on your site after accepting the offer.
– under Actions to take when offer is Skipped , select option Skip & Redirect to and redirect your customers to any other page on your site after skipping the offer.
12. Even after accepting / skipping an offer, the same offer is showing
Are you using Smart Offers shortcode with offer_ids i.e. example,
If yes, this can be the cause. Make sure that the offers whose offer ids are entered in shortcode, does not have any linked offers, since this functionality won’t work. Because you’ve entered these offer ids to be displayed on this page, if there’s any other offer that is set to be displayed after skipping the offer, it’ll not load that offer, instead it’ll load same offer again.« Back to Smart Offers For WooCommerce