As a WooCommerce store owner, there’s always some or the other discount coupon running across your store.
However, it is important to organize these coupons when there are too many of them but have no classification assigned whatsoever.
Adding categories to a single coupon or bulk generated coupons will help you run a systematic and an effective coupon strategy and will further save you the headache to keep sorting them.
This article will help you with the detailed steps to do so.
Manage your coupons more effectively by categorizing them using Smart Coupons
The default WooCommerce does not provide the feature to categorize coupons.
Bu with WooCommerce Smart Coupons plugin, you get options to manage and organize your coupons. One of them is labelling coupons with a category.
Using Smart Coupons, you can create such categories for bulk generated discount coupons as well.
For those who entered late, Smart Coupons is the original and best-selling coupons plugin on WooCommerce.com. You can bulk generate coupons, create gift cards, restrict coupons based on payment methods, shipping, location…and do much other stuff.
Steps to add a category to coupons in Smart Coupons?
First, you need to create a category and then associate coupons to that category.
- Go to WordPress Admin panel > Marketing > Coupons > Manage coupon categories
- Enter the category name, slug name & description
- Add a parent coupon category if you want to list any category under some parent category
- Click on ‘Add new coupon category’. The category will be shown on the right hand side.
- Now, to associate a coupon to a category, simply select the category or ‘Add new coupon category’ while creating / editing the coupon. Or go to Smart Coupons Dashboard, select a coupon, click on Edit, select a category and click on Update. You can also assign multiple categories to a single coupon.
You can even associate multiple coupons (bulk coupons) to a category as follows –
- Go to Smart Coupons Dashboard
- Select the coupons, select ‘Bulk Actions’ from the dropdown and click on Edit
- Select the category
- Click on ‘Update’
To filter and find coupons belonging to a specific category, go to the Smart Coupons dashboard, click on the ‘Category name’ under ‘Coupon Categories’. Smart Coupons make it easy to manage everything related to coupon categories.
Now, how does this make your life a tad easier?
A few years down the line, when you’ll be all out there creating some more discount coupons and busy taking your store to the next level, you can still be able to see what you did a few years back.
What was your strategy back then with the coupons? What kind of results did it manage to give you?
The answers to these questions will act as a foundation to design even better discount category strategies in future.