Breaking news! The most awaited feature – PayPal one-click upsell for WooCommerce is now live. We already have 6 integrations – Stripe, Braintree, Authorize.Net, Cash on Delivery, Cheque Payments and Direct Bank Transfer.
With the addition of PayPal, StoreApps’ one-click upsell for WooCommerce has become even more powerful.
Why PayPal for WooCommerce one-click upsell?
Nielsen Online Buyer Insights reports that PayPal Merchants benefit from a 27% increase in total customers after integrating PayPal, while the total amount spent by customers increases by 15% and transactions per customer almost double.
And one-click upsells being a hot pick amongst various offers for extra conversions. It can boost your average order value by 10% – 25%.
So, PayPal integration with one-click upsell for WooCommerce will work wonders for your store, surely!
What you need for PayPal one-click upsell?
About WooCommerce Buy Now
Modeled after Amazon’s patented 1-Click Purchase, WooCommerce Buy Now enables your customers to
- Works for guests and logged-in users.
- Works with both WooCommerce simple and variable products.
- Enable Buy Now for the entire store, or create special buy now links for products of your choice.
- Embed coupons, choose shipping and redirect to a page of your choice with Buy Now links.
- Share Buy Now links over email/social media or use on your site.
- For guest users, it will bypass the cart and show a popup with a checkout form.
- For existing users, the 1-click purchase will kick-in.
WooCommerce PayPal Standard payment gateway
Currently, one-click upsell is supported for one WooCommerce PayPal gateway – PayPal Standard. You may already know the benefits of this gateway but let me summarize them:
- Paypal Standard comes bundled with native WooCommerce.
- No setup fees, termination fees, or merchant accounts needed to get set up – all you need is a PayPal Business account.
- Available in 190 countries, so almost any merchant can use it.
- Optimized for customers on smartphones or tablets.
- Process customers’ payments on PayPal’s secure site.
- Offer guest checkout to customers. Customers can pay using a debit or credit card on the merchant’s mobile website without logging in to PayPal or creating an account.
About Smart Offers
Smart Offers is a very popular plugin to create targeted sales funnel and offers. Create upsell, cross-sell, BOGO, order bump…any type of offer to nudge customers to buy more.
Smart Offers is also compatible with popular WordPress page builders, WPML and currency switcher plugins.
Now let’s come to the main section of the article – enabling PayPal one-click upsell for WooCommerce.
Here’s how to set up true WooCommerce one-click upsell for PayPal using PayPal Reference Transactions
As mentioned above, our PayPal one-click upsell for WooCommerce can be enabled using PayPal Reference Transactions, WooCommerce Buy Now plugin, WooCommerce PayPal Standard gateway, and Smart Offers plugin.
If you have another WooCommerce plugin for upselling, it will work. But we highly recommended using Smart Offers because of its simplicity, flexible targeting rules, and offer types.
What is PayPal Reference Transactions?
Reference transactions is a Billing Agreement created between buyer & seller when a buyer makes a purchase from your store.
You can initiate subsequent transactions and capture future payments against this Billing Agreement, without your buyer going through the checkout process again.
Buyers do not need to re-enter their PayPal details again or go through the same process again to make subsequent payments for the upsells. This enables you to charge the buyer with a single click.
Why the term true one-click upsell?
Now, when a user places his first order, WooCommerce Buy Now plugin will provide a normal checkout – enter payment details and checkout is done.
But as the user places his second/subsequent orders, one-click purchase will kick-in.
Hence, let the user purchase ‘n’ number of times. Checkout will happen in a single click every time. No details asked ever.
You may come across other plugins in the market that says one-click upsell for PayPal. But actually, you are shown an upsell offer during your purchase process and every-time you need to enter payment details to checkout. So that’s not true one-click upsell.
Steps to enable PayPal Reference Transactions
Refer this in-detail article to enable PayPal Reference Transactions on your WooCommerce store.
WooCommerce one-click upsell for Stripe, Braintree, Authorize.Net and others
If you are using any of these payment gateways on your WooCommerce store and need to set-up one-click upsell, click here.
Ready to get more sales?
So dear PayPal users, the holiday season is approaching. And with the integration of PayPal for one-click upsell, there couldn’t be a better option to grow sales and increase your average order value.
So grab your hands on our WooCommerce Buy Now plugin and get started with one-click upsell for PayPal on your WooCommerce store.