Offering discounts & coupons seems like the modern day success ladder for any business growth. But even if the discounts are most used offers, the fact is, buy one get one (BOGO) has become one of the most popular choices for retailers lately. The best part…you can easily set it up on your WooCommerce store.
66% of shoppers admit that they like BOGO over any other form of discount. The hidden fact here is, while the shopper thinks that they have got a good deal, the seller gains both profit and customer satisfaction, having a long term benefit for any business!
Ideal places to show WooCommerce BOGO offers to attract and convert customers
- On the cart page before the customer proceeds to pay
- Selected product pages where traffic is high
- Emails to your database telling them about the offer
- Push/text messages when the offer is live for quick attention
While you know why and where to use BOGO, it’s time to go practical!
Smart Offers is a popular WooCommerce BOGO plugin that allows you to create beautiful BOGO offers within minutes.
You don’t need any coding knowledge to set it up.
Follow these simple steps to create your WooCommerce BOGO deal
Here, we are .
Step 1 – After you download and install the Smart Offers plugin, click on the ‘Smart Offers’ tab on the left side of your WooCommerce dashboard. Go to ‘Add New Offer’ and give an appropriate title to the BOGO offer you plan to create.
Step 2 – Choose what you want to offer and at what price/discount rate. Since we are offering a free T-shirt named ‘Happy Ninja‘, we set the discount to 100%. You can set the discount to any % value or by a particular amount.
Step 3 – Select the page where you want to target your WooCommerce BOGO offer.
Step 4 – Decide how you want to show your BOGO offer; as inline content or as a pop-up.
Step 5 – One of the best features Smart Offers provide is the choice to target offers. Go through the drop-down menu, select Cart/Order > Contains Products > Happy Ninja and set ‘Quantity is more than or equal to‘ 1.
Step 6 – Select what action should be triggered if the customer accepts this offer. You can add the product to cart, apply a coupon if any, show another Upsell offer or redirect them to another URL!
Here, we simply select add the product to cart.
Step 7 – Choose what to do in case the customer skips/ rejects this offer. We simply hide the BOGO offer if the customer rejects it.
That’s it. Your WooCommerce BOGO (Buy One Get One) offer is ready.
But wait…this isn’t it.
Here’s how to create a ‘Buy More Get One’ offer
Say, you want to offer the same T-shirt, Happy Ninja at a 50% discount on the purchase of two Happy Ninja t-shirts.
So under ‘What to Offer‘ as shown in ‘Step 2‘ of the BOGO example above, select the offered product T-shirt at 50% OFF and under Display Rules (Step 5), select the quantity to 2.
Creating a ‘Buy One Get More’ offer
In this case, you want to .
So under ‘What to Offer‘ as shown in ‘Step 2‘ of the BOGO example, select the offered product T-shirt at 35% OFF and under Display Rules (Step 5), select the quantity to 2.
Next, in the offer description, insert the following shortcode as shown in the image below:
[so_quantity value=2 allow_change=false]
The ‘allow_change=false‘ is to restrict the maximum quantity to two.
When the customer adds the t-shirt in his cart, the offer will be automatically displayed.
Creating a ‘Buy More Get More’ offer
In this case, you want to .
Under What to Offer as shown in Step 2 of the BOGO example, select the offered product T-shirt at $10 and under Display Rules (Step 5), select the quantity to 2.
In the offer description, insert the following shortcode as shown in the image below:
[so_quantity min=2 allow_change=false max=3]
The ‘allow_change=true’ can be used to enable user change product quantity.
When the customer adds two-shirts in his cart, the offer will be automatically displayed.
As simple as that. But remember, you can offer only the same product in any quantity and not different products.
Not just these…create 20+ combinations similar like BOGO offer using Smart Offers
Smart Offers is here to make all of this as easy as it could be. All you need is a few taps and you can sit back and see your sales graph growing.
You can choose from the below possible combinations and run your offer. You can create offers based on cart total, cart quantity, product price and quantity, product category, user roles and more.
- Buy 3 items and get fixed amount off
- Get a product called ‘Y’ for free on purchase of a product called ‘X’
- Buy for at least $50 and get a fixed amount off
- Get a product from ‘Y’ category for free on purchase of 3 products from the ‘X’ category
- Get a product from ‘Y’ category at 25% off on the purchase of 3 products from the ‘X’ category
- Get a product from ‘Y’ category at $40 off on the purchase of 2 products from the ‘X’ category
- Buy a product called ‘X’ and get product ‘Y’ at 50% discount
- Buy a product called ‘X’ and get product ‘Y’ at $50 off
and many similar combinations…
Want to create a particular offer combination?
Let us know and we will help you out.
Still wondering why Smart Offers? Have a look at what more we have in store
- Beyond BOGO: Create WooCommerce upsell, cross-sell, downsell, discount bundles and other types of offers
- Specific Targeting: You can create minute targeting criteria in order to show a relevant offer.
- Additional Discounts: Not just a product, you can also choose to offer a discount on a product.
- Easy-to-use Dashboard: The simple yet powerful dashboard offers you an easy interface without any hassles.
- Ready-to-use Shortcodes: Leave your design and editing worries to us. We have ready to use shortcodes to assist you with basic layouts, which you can further edit basis your requirement!
Some quick takeaways to grab maximum eyeballs on your products and offers
- Focus on target markets less motivated by discounts
- Offer less but BIG discounts
- Increase the perceived value of your products
- Use predictive analysis
- Promote your offers on social media
It is no wrong in saying that above-mentioned steps with the best practices are one of the best scalable ways to leverage your growth.
With Smart Offers, you can stay assured that there is only adding ‘Ease’ to your efforts! Be it creating a WooCommerce BOGO offer or WooCommerce upsell cross-sell offers, look nowhere than Smart Offers to boost your sales. Offers and discounts will never cease to be on the top of your customer’s mind!