Last updated on August 4, 2020
Create targeted WooCommerce one click upsell offer in the sales funnel that user can accept in one click, without re-entering payment details.
This is why you lose money from a hot prospect
Every time you direct your customers straight to the thank you page, you lose an opportunity to make relevant upsell offers.
Now, customers have just bought from you. They trust you enough to make subsequent purchases.
Then why lose this golden opportunity?
So what happens is when a customer makes a successful transaction on your WooCommerce store, before redirecting them to the order received page, they are shown relevant upsell offers.
Since the customer’s payment details are already saved, there’s no need to enter them again. Everything happens in a single click. And when the customer accepts that upsell offer, the transaction is completed instantly. Hence the name WooCommerce one click upsell or 1 click upsell. Strike while the iron is hot. Agree?How you convince customers after their first purchase to buy more is what makes you a smart businessman. #WooCommerce #oneclickupsell Click To Tweet
Why post purchase upsells are better than pre purchase upsells?
- Instant checkout – The customer won’t need to enter card details and repeat the purchase process from scratch. All happens in a single click.
- More conversions – One-click upsell offers are targeted to existing customers, and not to a user who’s still not sure what to buy. Hence, conversions are more.
- Eliminates product search effort – A customer who purchases a cellphone will surely need a backcase and offering it as a one-click upsell will surely work. It takes off the browsing burden from the buyer.
- Full control over upsell offers – You can redirect customers to the second upsell offer if they accept the first one. If they decline, you can show a downsell offer with more discount which increases the chances of selling.
- Boost average order value and sales – Obviously, more than a single purchase shoots up the average order value. And multiple instances of one-click purchases will amplify your sales.
How to setup WooCommerce one click upsell offers?
Follow these steps to set up one-click upsell for WooCommerce :-
Step 1: Install and activate plugins
You need our :
- Smart Offers for WooCommerce plugin to create upsell, cross-sell, BOGO and other offers.
- WooCommerce Buy Now Button plugin to enable one click purchase.
The activation of the plugins is sufficient. No additional settings required.
Step 2: Configure payment gateways
StoreApps’ one-click upsell plugins support these seven payments gateways: WooCommerce PayPal Standard, WooCommerce Stripe, Authorize.Net CIM, WooCommerce PayPal Powered by Braintree, Cash on Delivery, Cheque Payments, Direct Bank Transfer.
- Steps to configure WooCommerce Stripe
- Steps to configure WooCommerce Braintree
- WooCommerce PayPal Standard or Cash on Delivery or Cheque Payments or Direct Bank Transfer (All these four gateways are included with WooCommerce).
Note: For WooCommerce 1-click upsell function to work correctly, customer should have at least one order paid from their account via the mentioned payment gateways (with Saved Cards enabled).
Need a gateway for 1 click upsells that is not listed above? Let us know from here along with a link of the payment gateway and a short description of it’s usage on your store.
Step 3: Create one-click upsell offer using Smart Offers
- Go to WooCommerce > Smart Offers
- Click Add New Offer
- You can use our existing offer designs or create your own offers using popular WordPress page builders.
- Set Title: This will not be visible to user. This is for your reference. For example: 1-Click Upsell.
- Set Offered product: Choose product you want to offer
- Smart Offers plugin is also compatible with WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin. So you can easily upsell any subscription product in one-click.
- Set Offer at: Here set amount or discount you want to give on offered product.
- Create Offer Description: This part will be visible to customer. This is a WordPress’s default editor, so you can use almost all feature of WordPress editor like adding media, font size & color, layout etc.
- Set Show this Offer on: Choose page where you want to show the offer. For example: Order Complete page.
- Set Show this Offer as: Choose whether you want to show your offer as inline content or as an upsell popup.
- Set Offer rules: Select conditions when you want to show the offer. For example: Cart/Order -> Contains Product -> Search & choose product. You can set multiple rules here based on visitor, registered user, customer’s lifetime value, cart/order total and many more.
- Set Actions to take when offer is Accepted: Here choose what all actions you want to perform when offer will be accepted. You can choose multiple actions from given set of options. For example: Add offered product to cart and instantly checkout with Buy Now plugin.
- Set Actions to take when offer is Skipped: Define actions you want to perform if offer is declined. Here you can choose only one action from given set of action. For example: Instantly checkout with Buy Now plugin.
- Set Hide From This User (optional): If you want to make the offer as One Time Offer, enable this option.
WooCommerce one click upsell in action
Ok, so what about WooCommerce one click cross-sell, downsell, BOGO?
You can simply pitch another related or complementary product (a cross-sell offer) or a BOGO offer as a one click upsell offer.
The ultimate aim is to earn additional revenue. In fact, offering complementary or related products as an upsell offer has a minimum of 10% increase in conversion rate. Sometimes, even 25% or 30%.
Wait…there’s something beyond a single one-click upsell offer
You can pitch a series of offers so as to keep customers in the loop and get them acquainted with your product portfolio.
Hack 1: Run offers one after the other based on user’s action
Let say you offer product B on upsell along with product A. But the user rejects it.
Then you can pitch another upsell offer (product C) or a downsell offer (product D) when the user rejects the previous offer.
But, also don’t pitch too many offers to your customers in the WooCommerce one click upsell funnel that will annoy them.
Instead, pitch offers based on what users have already purchased; i.e based on cart total or product categories.
That is what Smart Offers is capable of doing. Full flexible and smart as the name goes.
Hack 2: Pitch offers on thank you page of upsold product
If a user accepts upsell offer B after product A offer, the user gets redirected to product B thank you page and the process ends there.
Now, what if you want to pitch another upsell or cross-sell offer on thank you page of product B. Or run a series of offers based on product categories. You can easily do that with Smart Offers.
Hack 3: Redirect users to an affiliate or another product page
You want to redirect users to an affiliate page or another product page to upsell a product. Using Custom Thank You Page for WooCommerce, you may redirect user to any page you wish to:
- Affiliate page
- Sales video of another product
- Social media links
- Email subscription page
or other page you want to and pitch offers.
Not just that, if you want to get rid of plain standard WooCommerce thank you page, you can easily show a fancy custom thank you page for each product purchased when you pitch your one-click upsell offer.
Track your upsell offer revenue
You can easily monitor your upsell offer performance from the Smart Offer’ dashboard and modify offers for optimum conversions.
StoreApps’ WooCommerce one click upsell plugins costs $148/yr – a way better deal than similar offerings from other brands.
Because not just one-click upsell, you get a plethora of benefits from Smart Offers, the best WooCommerce upsell plugin and WooCommerce Buy Now, the best plugin for direct checkout.
See, one-click upsell is going to give you revenue on autopilot. Hence, if you simply calculate the revenue you would keep earning, you are way ahead then what you’ll invest now.
4x, 10x, 20x ROI…who knows! So go ahead and start upselling with confidence with these plugins.
Take this from me – As soon as you start running this on your website, you won’t take it down.
- How to set up WooCommerce order bump [Recommended]
- Why upselling and cross selling are key to customer satisfaction by Floship
- The Art of E-commerce Upselling by Kissmetrics.
- Lessons from Amazon’s Upsell Strategy by Neil Patel.
- 10 Powerful Upsells Examples on the Web by Econsultancy.