Customers love offers. Any offer be it as big as 50% discount or as little as 10% off both excite customers and push them to make a quick purchase. However, most of these customers drop out at the time of checkout. Reason being – Lengthy checkout process!
Today’s article focuses on how to create tempting upsell offers on your WooCommerce store as well as how to reduce cart abandonments by making the checkout process quick (that’s just a single click.)
However, to make this one click checkout possible you need four things.
- Smart Offers Plugin
- Buy Now Plugin
- Repeat customer – The customer needs to have bought atleast once prior to this purchase
- Payment done via Stripe. – The customer should have made the prior purchase using his Stripe Account.
- WooCommerce 2.5.0+ (Free)
- Smart Offers 3.2.6+ (to create upsells)
- WooCommerce Buy Now 1.9.2+ (to enable 1-click)
- WooCommerce Stripe 2.6.8+ (Free)(with Saved card enabled)
Step 1: Installation
Download above mentioned plugins & install in your WordPress site. Then activate each plugin.
Step 2: Configure WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway
Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Stripe. Fill other details as shown in following screenshot & make sure you’ve enabled Saved cards.
Note: For 1-Click Upsell function to work correctly, customer should have at least 1 order paid from his/her account via Stripe (with Saved Cards enabled).
Step 3: WooCommerece Buy Now
Activation of the plugin will be sufficient. No additional settings required.
Step 4: Create Upsell using Smart Offers
- Go to WooCommerce > Smart Offers
- Click Add New Offer
- Set Title: This will not be visible to user. This is for your reference. For example: 1-Click Upsell
- Set Offered product: Choose product you want to offer
- Set Offer at: Here set amount or discount you want to give on offered product
- Create Offer Description: This part will be visible to customer. This is a WordPress’s default editor, so you can use almost all feature of WordPress editor like adding media, font size & color, layout etc
- Set Show this Offer on: Choose page where you want to show the offer. For example: Order Complete page
- Set Show this Offer as: Choose whether you want to show as inline content or as popup
- Set When to show this offer: Select conditions when you want to show the offer. For example: Cart/Order > Contains Product > Search & choose product. You can set multiple rules here based on visitor, registered user, customer’s lifetime value, cart/order total and many more.
- Set Actions to take when offer is Accepted: Here choose what all actions you want to perform when offer will be accepted. You can choose multiple actions from given set of options. For example: Add offered product to cart and Instantly checkout with Buy Now plugin
- Set Actions to take when offer is Skipped: Define actions you want to perform if offer is declined. Here you can choose only one action from given set of action. For example: Instantly checkout with Buy Now plugin
- Set Hide From This User (optional): If you want to make the offer as One Time Offer, enable this option
Over To You
Go ahead. Setup 1-click offers on your WooCommerce store and tell us about your experience. If you have any questions, feel free to drop in a comment. I will definitely get back to you. Ciao!