Last updated on June 20, 2020
Cart abandonment is probably the greatest pain you face as a online retailer.
Hence, if you could provide your users (existing customers as well as guests) a quick, simple and friction free checkout process, it would be a great relief to the them as well as yourself.
Because, even if you offer incentives, low shipping rates and social proof during checkout, if it isn’t simple and quick, you will only see higher cart abandonment numbers.
Reasons for cart abandonment
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less
- 30% of consumers abandon cart because they are comparison shopping
- 14% of the carts get abandoned just because of the absence of quick woocommerce checkout process for users
- 44% of shoppers leave a cart due to high shipping cost
- 22% of carts abandoned happen due to no shipping information available
- 27% of cart abandoners leave due to time restraints
- 15% of customers won’t complete a purchase due to items being out of stock
- 3% of carts which are abandoned happen due to confusing product information
- 2% of site purchases are lost due to payment processing issues
Looking closely, one of the important reason for cart abandonment is due to absence of quick checkout.
But this drawback can be get rid off very easily. Check out the solution below.
The slow WooCommerce checkout process
The traditional WooCommerce checkout process includes:
1. Add products to cart
2. Review cart
3. Create account if user wishes to
But there are users who genuinely like to purchase but are not willing to due to lengthy steps and frustration.
Not just guests, if existing users also find the checkout process lengthy and complicated, they may be reluctant to purchase next time.
The fastest checkout process(One-click)
Simply click on Buy Now and checkout. That’s it. This process bypasses the cart stage and shows users a popup which consists of the checkout details thus eliminating all unwanted material.
In short, all guest users can now complete the checkout process in a single step.
Here’s how it works..
Click on the ‘Play’ button in the video below to see the demo:
How to get this quick checkout feature?
All he needs is to just enter the required fields and payment details to purchase the desired product.
No extra steps. No extra processings. No re-confirmation messages or anyother form of time wasters, both for you and your customers.
If an existing user purchases again, he will bypass even the checkout process and receive the order conformation email directly provided all his details are complete and not altered.
You can find more details about this feature in documentation.
Top benefits of using WooCommerce Buy Now
- Simplest and quickest checkout process for WooCommerce websites
- Minimum checkout steps
- Works for guests as well as logged-in users
- Reduces cart abandonment rate
- Increases sales
- Even happier you (store owner)
Note: The quick checkout feature is not a luxury but it’s an absolutely NEED for any website.
Smart ways to use the one click checkout
Broadly there are three ways:
1) On your website
Directly embed the one click checkout link on your ‘call to action’ button. This way if a client has chosen Stripe as his payment option previously and if he clicks the CTA, he/she will be directly checked out.
2) In emails
You can also send customers a mail with a one click checkout link asking them to purchase a great product. Once the customer clicks onto the link in the email, he/she will be directly checked out and the payment will be made.
One click checkout can also work with discounts and coupons. As store owners ourselves, we do give a lot of store credits, discounts etc to keep our customers happy and we saw to it that one click checkout can accommodate such cases as well.
Over to you
WooCommerce Buy Now is the best solution you would come across.
Use it on your website to relieve users from the pain of lengthy checkout process. Thus ensuring reduced cart abandonment rate and increased sales at your end.
If you have Stripe as a payment gateway jump on and invest in this plugin. Bet it will pay for itself in no time.