Cart abandonment is probably the greatest pain you face as a online retailer.
Hence, if you could provide your users (existing customers as well as guests) a quick, simple and friction free checkout process, it would be a great relief to the them as well as yourself.
Because, even if you offer incentives, low shipping rates and social proof during checkout, if it isn’t simple and quick, you will only see higher cart abandonment numbers.
Reasons for cart abandonment
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less
- 30% of consumers abandon cart because they are comparison shopping
- 14% of the carts get abandoned just because of the absence of quick woocommerce checkout process for users
- 44% of shoppers leave a cart due to high shipping cost
- 22% of carts abandoned happen due to no shipping information available
- 27% of cart abandoners leave due to time restraints
- 15% of customers won’t complete a purchase due to items being out of stock
- 3% of carts which are abandoned happen due to confusing product information
- 2% of site purchases are lost due to payment processing issues
Looking closely, one of the important reason for cart abandonment is due to absence of quick checkout.
But this drawback can be get rid off very easily.
The slow WooCommerce checkout process
The traditional WooCommerce checkout process includes:
- Add products to cart
- Review cart
- Create account if user wishes to
The user gets redirected to many pages in this process and also encounters various links and text material which may be irrelevant for him on these pages.
But there are users who genuinely like to purchase but are not willing to due to lengthy steps and frustration.
Not just guests, if existing users also find the checkout process lengthy and complicated, they may be reluctant to purchase next time.
The fastest checkout process(One-click)
It is a one click checkout process:
Simply click on Buy Now and checkout. That’s it. This process bypasses the cart stage and shows users a popup which consists of the checkout details thus eliminating all unwanted material.
In short, all guest users can now complete the checkout process in a single step.
How to get this quick checkout feature?
The above feature seems cool and awesome right? It’s time to implement it on your store.
Whenever, guests click on the ‘Buy Now’ button below the products on your website, they will directly land on the checkout popup bypassing the cart page completely.
All they need is to just enter the required fields and payment details to purchase the desired product.
No extra steps. No extra processings. No re-confirmation messages or any other form of time wasters, both for you and your customers.
If existing users purchases again, they will bypass even the checkout process and receive the order confirmation email directly provided all their details are complete and not altered.
Top benefits of using Smart Offers plugin
- Simplest and quickest checkout process for WooCommerce websites
- Minimum checkout steps
- Works for guests as well as logged-in users
- Create upsells, cross-sells, bogo, order bump and other offers
- Powerful targeting rules to show offers
and many more…
Note: The quick checkout feature is not a luxury but a must-have for any website.
Smart ways to use the one click checkout
Broadly there are three ways:
On your website
Directly embed the one click checkout link on your ‘call to action’ button. This way if a client has chosen Stripe as his payment option previously and if he clicks the CTA, he/she will be directly checked out.
You can also send customers a mail with a one click checkout link asking them to purchase a great product. Once the customer clicks onto the link in the email, he/she will be directly checked out and the payment will be made.
One click checkout can also work with discounts and coupons. As store owners ourselves, we do give a lot of store credits, discounts etc to keep our customers happy and we saw to it that one click checkout can accommodate such cases as well.
Over to you
Smart Offers is the best solution you would come across.
Use it on your website to relieve users from the pain of lengthy checkout process. Thus ensuring reduced cart abandonment rate and increased sales at your end.
If you have Stripe as a payment gateway jump on and invest in this plugin. Bet it will pay for itself in no time.