Getting Started with Smart Manager
Smart Manager gives you the power to manage all post types – products, orders, coupons, users, blog posts…and any custom field of any other plugin – WooCommerce Subscriptions, WooCommerce Bookings, WooCommerce Memberships, WooCommerce Dropshipping, WooCommerce Product Add-ons, LifterLMS, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), etc.
About Smart Manager Dashboard
Once installed and activated, you automatically get redirected to the plugin landing page. Alternatively, go to your WordPress Admin Panel. Click on Smart Manager menu to load Smart Manager dashboard.
- The topmost portion consists of a Navigation Bar. It includes a Dashboard dropdown to switch to any post type/custom views, Simple Search box and Advanced Search toggle to filter data, Custom Views option to create, update & delete custom views, checkbox to show variations (for Products), Settings option.
- Below the Navigation bar is the Action Bar. It includes these options – Bulk Edit, Save, Add Records, Duplicate, Delete, Export CSV, Print Invoice (for Orders) and Admin Columns.
- Below the Action Bar, you’ll see all the data arranged in an Excel-like spreadsheet.
- Use the Dashboard dropdown to select a post type/custom view to manage/view. The default post type is ‘Products’ if WooCommerce is active. If not, the default post type is ‘Posts’.
- Additionally, Smart Manager will automatically keep a track of the last 3 dashboards accessed by a user and load the last accessed by default on page load.
How to use Smart Manager
1. Inline edit – Make changes directly to any field in the dashboard. Click on a cell, make an edit and click on Save. Modify product price, assign or remove product attributes and categories, edit an order, manage stock, etc.
Watch this video to see how inline edit works.
2. Add Row – Use this option to add a new product, order or new record for any post type directly. Enter how many rows of that post type you would like to create. Specify the number and click on Create. This will add new rows to the grid. Enter the values and click on Save.
3. Bulk edit – Increase/decrease price by X%, update all order statuses, extend coupon expiry date, modify user roles…update all in bulk. Click on the ‘Bulk Edit’ option. It will open up a slide-over panel. Enter one/more actions that need to be done in bulk and click on ‘Update’.
See how bulk edit works
4. Duplicate – You can duplicate selected records or all records for any post type store using the ‘Duplicate’ option.
5. Delete – Select and delete/trash the selected records or all records for any post type or use filters to delete specific records like test orders, test coupons, duplicate products, etc. Use the ‘Delete’ option for the same.
Watch this video to see how Delete/Trash functionality works
6. Export – Export records for any post type as CSV. Export all records or based on date, search and column filters. Example – Export orders for the month of February 2022, with order status as ‘Completed’ & only these columns – name, email, order status, order total, line items.
Look at this video as how to export data
7. Admin Columns – Show / hide data columns you want. You can also sort data, like show data in ascending order based on order total. Use the ‘Columns’ option for this.
See how to sort data columns
8. Search filters – There are two types of search filters:
- Simple Search – Enter any keyword in the ‘Search box at the top and all fields having that keyword will show up. It is a full-text search and will give less specific results.
- Advanced Search – Use this option (Toggle beside the Search box) to get specific results. It will open up a slide-over panel. Enter your search conditions with ‘AND’ & ‘OR’ filters. Search using operators, attributes, etc.
Example – Find all Dell laptops having processor i7 and price > $450.
Watch this video to see how to use search feature
9. Custom Views – Show/hide data columns, apply filters and save it. Very helpful when you want to manage only limited and similar data all the time. Use the ‘Custom Views’ option at the top for this. You can also give access to a particular custom view to any particular user role.
10. Print Invoice – This option will show up only for the ‘Orders’ post type. Select single or multiple orders and then click on the ‘Print Invoice’ option. This will print invoices for all the selected orders at once.
11. Settings – Use this option to provide restricted access to various dashboards based on user roles. You can also add your own company logo here to set it for printing PDF invoices.