You want to attract customers. And the easy way to do that is by offering heavy discounts. But you also don’t want to burn a hole in your pocket.
So what’s that easy way to offer discounts and not overspend?
Set a maximum discount limit on a percentage discount coupon that can be redeemed on your WooCommerce store.
For example, you can now create a coupon in WooCommerce which include 50% off with the maximum discount to be redeemed is $100.
That is, get 50% off upto $100. (Jump to the solution)
Why maximum discount limit is a win-win for customers and store owners?
When customers see offers like flat 70% off, it’s a very tempting offer which they can’t resist. It creates a desire to buy the product at a cheaper rate.
I’m also the one who easily fall prey to such huge offers. Do you?
But in the lure of getting more customers, these store-owners offer heavy discounts and incur losses. It also leaves an impression of your brand as cheap.
Now, what smart store-owners do is restrict that discount upto a certain amount. If you are among those store-owners, you are at the right place.
Doing so, you have easily converted the customer without spending too much from your pocket. Hence, a win-win situation for both.
Advantages of using maximum discount restriction
- More traffic and engagement – Since the offer is tempting, more customers will come to your WooCommerce site.
- New paid customers – Discount offers will naturally convert new visitors to paid customers easily and boost your sales.
- Easy to find and use – Customers simply have to apply the coupon code and the discount gets automatically applied. As simple as that.
- Retain existing customers – Your existing customers may be looking out for offers and when you email them such an offer which is personalized, this offer can convert them well.
How to set-up this maximum discount limit?
If you don’t want to play around with code, want something that will help you set up this in minutes, Smart Coupons is the solution.
Smart Coupons is a powerful and most popular “all-in-one” WooCommerce plugin for creating gift certificates, store credits, discount coupons, and vouchers extending the core functionality of WooCommerce coupons.
Here’s how you can set a max discount amount for a percentage discount coupon using Smart Coupons plugin:
- Create a new coupon.
- Go the “General“ tab.
- Select discount type as “Percentage discount” from the drop down and enter the discount percentage (70 in this example).
- Look for the field “Max discount“. Enter the amount you want to set as the maximum discount limit to be redeemed ($50 in this example).
- Publish the coupon.
That’s it. Smart Coupons make it very easy.
- Bulk generate hundreds of thousands of coupons, add them to the store / export as a CSV or email them to the recipients.
- Automatically add products to cart when someone uses a coupon.
- Use store credits towards renewal payments.
- Restrict coupon usage by user role, minimum spend, product categories, payment methods, shipping methods, etc.
and a lot more…
Best ways to use maximum discount limit
Here are some industries where using this maximum discount restrictions can work wonders. Only thing, the % and maximum limit changes based on what the company feels the best to offer its customers.
If your WooCommerce store falls under any one of these industries, it will be really helpful. If not, then you can definitely try any of these strategies.
Restaurants and food delivery apps
The most widely used. Everyone’s ultimate weak point is food. And restaurants and food delivery apps take full advantage of this.
- Get flat 40% off on your large-sized Dominoes pizza upto $40.
- Get flat 50% off upto Rs. 100 on your first order on Zomato.
Travelling apps like Uber, Grab
This is another popular example in our daily life.
Get 35% off on your first ride upto $5. Works well for customers taking a long-distance ride.
WooCommerce shops selling digital goods
This tactic seems good for products above 300 euros price or lifetime licenses.
For example, if you offer 50% off upto 100 euros, a person buying a product worth 300 euros can get the product at 200 euros which is a great deal.
Bookings – Air, bus, hotels
Again, this is also a very competitive space. Some booking sites even run 80% off for one lucky user. For rest others, it’s a flat 80% off upto $100.
Fashion, clothing, baby care
People go nuts during the Black Friday sale. So, luring them with flat 60% 0ff, flat 70% off will make customers buy from you. Yes, limit the discount. But keep the limit higher than normal during this sales season.
I know, it may be slightly expensive but if more and more people buy, it will easily recover those expenses.
This is funny. Wherever you go grocery shopping, you always buy more than what you need. Right?
Thanks to our love for chocolates, biscuits, drinks, bundle products offered at a discount.
In this case, let users add more and more. So above a cart total like $200, a flat 20% off upto $50 is a great deal.
Remember, in the lure of more discount, people add more product to cart.
Health & Fitness, Grooming, Sports
When it comes to fitness, both men and women leave no stone unturned.
If you consider organic products, diet plans, and items, they are in huge demand.
So offering them at a less discount like 25% with an upto discount of say $15 (which is also less) can work wonders.
There are hundreds of products on which you can offer this discount type. If top brands use this tactic, then why should you be left behind!
The holiday season is almost here and if you don’t want to screw your sales, this is one of the best features to use.
Get yourself a Smart Coupons license today! I bet you won’t regret.