Last updated on December 1, 2020
Sometimes skipping the cart page and proceeding directly to the checkout page seems a better option. This not only saves time but also reduces the efforts required to order a product.
Now the question that arises here is how you can optimize your store to remove the cart page and direct your customers to the checkout page, saving time.
Keeping this as the core of our discussion, we draft this article to outline who needs WooCommerce direct checkout and why. Also, we list down the best WooCommerce direct checkout plugins with features and pricing you can choose for your store.
Without much ado, let’s get started.
Who needs WooCommerce direct checkout and why?
WooCommerce direct checkout is the one where the cart page is skipped and customers are directed to checkout to place their order.
At times, it so happens that some products can be purchased directly and doesn’t require you to walk down the stages of adding it to the cart of reviewing it. In such a situation, the cart page only adds discomfort to the process and is not preferable. This is where a direct checkout appears to be a better option.
- Direct checkout for WooCommerce simplifies the navigation process offering the ease to order products in a single click.
- It cuts short the overall process of buying. This saves a lot of time and reduces the cart abandonment rate.
The Direct checkout for WooCommerce can be added to every business type. If you consider retail or FMCG industries, they prefer an add to cart button because people tend to save products for later or review them.
But for digital sellers, electronics, and others where the audience purchases a single product, they should emphasize more on WooCommerce direct checkout to save customers’ time and speed up the buying process.
Now, many get confused between direct checkout and one-page checkout and consider direct checkout as one-page checkout. But they are altogether different.
Some industries where WooCommerce direct checkout is more beneficial
- Digital products
- Home & Decor
Best WooCommerce direct checkout plugins
Now that you are aware of the perks of direct checkout for WooCommerce and who needs it, we now highlight the different plugins that will help you with the same.
A popular plugin on WooCommerce that helps you optimize your checkout funnel. Cashier will help you add a ‘Buy Now” button, clicking on which users can skip cart and proceed to checkout.
Cashier can also skip checkout and payment steps and complete the order in one-click based on customer’s previous order and payment details.
- Autofill shipping and billing related information for logged-in customers
- Automatically recommend ‘frequently bought together‘ items
- Show both the WooCommerce ‘Add to Cart’ and ‘Buy Now’ buttons on the product page.
- Share Buy Now links via email, social media, or embed them anywhere on your website.
- One-click checkout works with these payment methods – Stripe, PayPal Standard, Braintree, Authorize.Net, Cheque Payments, Direct Bank Transfer and Cash on Delivery.
- Sliding cart panel
- Update variations in the cart
- Checkout field editor
- Conversion optimized checkout page templates
Another popular plugin for direct checkout, this plugin is equipped with multiple features that simplify the process of buying products from the WooCommerce store.
- Include the cart form in the checkout page. This allows users to edit the cart and confirm the order on the same page.
- Provision to remove checkout fields like order comments, shipping address, coupon form, policy text, terms and conditions and others, that results in a quick purchase.
- Ajax add to cart on single products
- Include a button to display a quick view of the WooCommerce shop page and products categories.
- Free version available on WordPress.org
- Paid version starts from $20
Regarded as one of the most flexible and extremely reliable WooCommerce quick checkout plugins. WooCommerce Buy Now plugin provides the flexibility to add a quick Buy Now button that skips cart and redirect users to checkout / other pages or complete the order in one-click without the need for payment details.
- Convert all your ‘Add to Cart’ buttons with the ‘Buy Now’ button in a single click.
- Lets you add the ‘Buy Now’ links store-wide, or for your products / categories.
- Allows you to redirect customers to any custom URL, and not just within the shop. For example, you may direct the customer to thank you page after checkout in WooCommerce or a blog related to the product.
- Embed coupons using the Buy Now plugin.
- Share Buy Now links in email, social media, etc.
Starts from $49
Enabling you to add a WooCommerce one-page checkout option, this WooCommerce Direct Checkout Pro plugin offers an array of features and functionalities.
- Gives the ease to enable / disable the ‘WooCommerce Direct Checkout’ option
- Lets you customize the text for the ‘Add to Cart’ button / link.
- Change the store settings to add ‘Add to cart’ for each product
- Edit and modify the ‘Redirect to Page’ option.
- Provision to add an extra button, alongside the text and URL for it.
- Available in two languages: Chinese and English.
Starts from $49
Unlike the traditional method of removing the checkout page by using shortcodes, the Add to Cart Direct Checkout for WooCommerce plugin allows you to have a Buy Now button without modifying the HTML code of the page. With the plugin, you can customize your checkout page to add any or multiple links that redirect customers to the required page.
- Edit the ‘Add to Cart’ button and replace it with the Buy Now button.
- The Pro version of the plugin allows you to change the URL of the redirect page.
- With the premium version, you can enable / disable redirect for a specific page.
- Remove the ‘Continue Shopping’ link
- Set any page as the success page of order completion
- Edit the position of the Buy Now button
- Free version available on WordPress.org
- Paid version starts from $16
The plugin helps you increase your sales by adding a ‘Buy Now’ button for the ‘Add to Cart’ button. Due to this, e-commerce stores could retain customers better and improve their user satisfaction rate.
- AJAX functionality. Redirect users to include individual products, virtual products, grouped products without having to reload the website every time.
- Provides quick checkout by removing comments, terms, and conditions, policy and other annoying fields.
Free plugin on WordPress.org
This plugin provides three types of checkout. One-page checkout, sticky checkout and one-click checkout. You can select either of the three based on your needs.
- Additional call to action button on product page.
- Configure the URL of the checkout button or the Buy Now button as it appeals to your customer’s needs
- One-page checkout shows checkout form on the same page
- Sticky checkout shows the checkout form in a slider
- One-click checkout redirects customers to a particular page
Our recommendation and why
Picking one from the above is definitely a tough task and subject to disagreements. But wait, you will not have to go through the hassle of selecting the one best for you.
Based on our experiences, we have seen that Cashier happens to be the best. The fact that it is an all-in-one WooCommerce checkout optimization plugin. You also get to convert more visitors by showing product recommendations. The plugin is easy to use and doesn’t require you to be an expert.
Having said all of the above, remember that the choice would depend upon your store requirements. Even though we suggest Cashier, go ahead and assess all of these to make the right decision.