Gone are those days when managing inventory on your WooCommerce store was stressful and painful. Because today we have plugins that made life much better.
However, confusion arises as to which WooCommerce stock management plugin will be best suited for your needs. The plugin should be efficient, simple and accurate. And should justify the cost as well. Right?
Therefore, we have covered those top WooCommerce inventory management plugins that you can consider for your store and discover how to manage inventory in WooCommerce without the stress. You don’t need to go out hunting tools elsewhere.
What is Woocommerce inventory management?
WooCommerce inventory management allows store owners to easily track their store’s products, orders, and shipping, hide out-of-stock products, and update the stock status of all of their products.
You can use it in order to speed up your process, avoid overordering, discover when you need to order more stock, and locate which items are doing well at the moment.
It is also possible to monitor your inventory and see how much you still have left so that your supplier doesn’t run out of product before your order is due.
Why do we need a WooCommerce inventory management plugin?
Managing a single product in WooCommerce is a pain. You need to visit all the pages and settings individually to make changes every now and then. Managing hundreds and thousands of products is even more painful.
A slight mismatch and all goes haywire. The following are some major difficulties you will face:
Be it creating WooCommerce product variations or setting prices. Every time you need to visit each product to tweak changes.
Huge loss of time
It will take you a lot of time to make changes that are neither beneficial nor recommended. This can take a heavy toll on your marketing and customer service tasks.
Inconvenience handling large database
When you’re dealing with thousands of products, it’s no doubt you face a headache. What follows is a set of errors. Correcting those errors indirectly adds to the extra loss of time and builds frustration.
Update orders, customers, coupons…
Not just products, you have orders, coupons, etc, that need an update in bulk. You can’t afford to do it one-by-one the same way as you do for products.
Multiple warehouse WordPress inventory management, bulk stock management, inventory batch tracking and control, editing inventory reports, etc.
All these are unimaginable without plugins.
Benefits of using WooCommerce inventory management plugins
See, as your store grows, things will get complex. Handling hundreds of products, orders, users, warehouses, and other stuff is going to be a nightmare. If you do not stand up to these challenges, there’s no point in running a business.
Therefore, plugins are a must-have for survival and easy life. Here are some of the benefits of using the plugins to manage inventory WooCommerce to eliminate your difficulties-
Add hundreds of products and variations in one go
If you want to add ‘n’ number of products, you can simply keep on adding in a single sheet one below another along with setting attributes for each. It’s no longer necessary to create a single product, set attributes, and repeat them for each product as it used to be.
Bulk edit / batch update in seconds
You can select as many items as you want to update them at once. Immediately change prices, stock status, description, variation prices, weight, or groups for products. You can also change the status and shipping-related details for orders.
Inventory reports & inline edit
View your entire product catalog in one place. If you want to make changes to any particular parameter of a product, you can do it there itself. The same applies to product variations.
The search feature helps you to identify the products which you want to manage. You can quickly compare items, spot anomalies and review details.
Increase or decrease in prices, stock, etc. are instantly calculated in the background, leaving no effort on your end to manually keep track of numbers.
If you want to analyze your products later, you can export the sheet and make an analysis based on your requirements. Not only export but also you can make changes in the copy and then upload the updated copy.
Warehouse inventory management
If you have multiple warehouses and need to transfer inventory from one place to another using a single platform, you can now do it easily.
20 best WooCommerce inventory management plugins
Here are the best and popular WooCommerce stock management/inventory management plugins with their top features and pricing. Some are also SaaS-based.
Smart Manager for WooCommerce and WordPress
Smart Manager is a unique and very popular WooCommerce inventory management and store management plugin from StoreApps. It gives you the power to efficiently manage products, orders, customers and any WordPress post type using an Excel-like spreadsheet. It has provided breakthrough results for WooCommerce store owners.
- Bulk edit: Using this feature, you can update thousands of products, variations, orders, coupons, posts, subscriptions, any WordPress post type or your entire store within seconds/minutes without any hassle and errors. Try the live demo.
- Inline edit: You can browse, search, add, update and delete multiple products & variations, customers or orders directly from the spreadsheet. You can also add new products and other post types data to the spreadsheet directly.
- Snappier navigation: Browsing and filtering with Smart Manager are extremely responsive. You can easily jump to any post type using the drop-down and manage them. You can also create and edit custom views.
- Simple and advanced search: Get your desired item in a flash amongst thousands of records. Search using multiple AND, multiple OR, multiple AND + OR conditions and search operators (,=,=, is, contains, etc.)
- Export, delete and more: You can export any post type data to CSV using filters, add new products, delete and duplicate products, print packing slips and invoices…
Pricing: Free version available on WordPress.org, Pro version at $199 / year.
WooCommerce Stock Manager
WooCommerce Stock Manager, another plugin from StoreApps is a free and most popular WooCommerce stock management plugin. It gives you a single screen to manage all your product stock and their variables.
- Stock management: View your entire product catalog at one go. You can set various parameters for each product and their variations – price, weight, stock, etc. Show ‘In stock’, ‘Out of stock’, ‘On backorder’ for products.
- Product filtering: You can filter products by type, category, stock, or stock status. You can also sort products by name or SKU.
- Import / Export: Export all stock data from your shop, edit them and import them back with a CSV file.
TradeGecko / QuickBooks Commerce
TradeGecko, now known as QuickBooks Commerce is also a popular multichannel inventory management and order management software. It has integration with WooCommerce and many other platforms. It’s more oriented towards physical products.
- Inventory control: View your entire product catalog and organize them using filters. Keep a track of on-hand inventory, sales orders, locations, etc.
- Warehouse inventory management: Easily move inventory from one warehouse to another. The addition and deletion of stock are dealt with automatically.
- Inventory optimization: You get a demand forecast regarding your inventory – what stock you should have at that time.
- Accounting integration: You can create invoices from orders, buy and sell in multiple currencies, etc.
Pricing: A 14-day free trial is available. Paid plans from $15/month onwards.
Orderhive Inventory Management
Orderhive is a SaaS-based inventory management software for multi-channel online sellers. It offers a warehouse management feature through which you can manage multiple warehouses with flexible stock policies, stock transfers and easy integration of your accounting software.
- Simplified product management: Get a single virtual storage dashboard to manage thousands of SKUs and multiple stores.
- Complete product catalog management: Create and manage simple, variable & bundled products. Bulk import and export product information, generate and print product barcodes, and manage inventory based on location.
- To-the-point inventory visibility: Track where your stock is, what’s been committed to whom and what is due to arrive. All in real-time.
- Just-in-time operations: Reduce every little risk of overselling and underselling with a sharp eye on every incoming or outgoing inventory.
Pricing: A 14-day free trial is available. Paid plans from $45 / month.
Zoho is a cloud-based inventory management for WooCommerce software. You can synchronize all your WooCommerce orders with this plugin. Zoho has also partnered with the best shipping carriers around the world.
- Centralized inventory: You can update your inventory quantities across all your selling channels automatically whenever a sale has been made.
- Automatic re-ordering: This feature enables you to set re-order points, reminders, and preferred vendors for your products to avoid untimely stock-outs.
- Barcode inventory management: Scan barcodes of items and watch the fields get auto-populated every time you create an invoice, sales or purchase order.
- Serial number tracking: Identify each item in your inventory with a code and track its movement from the point of purchase to the sale.
Pricing: There’s a Free plan available. Paid plans start from approx $15 / month.
Veeqo WooCommerce Order & Inventory Management
Veeqo helps WooCommerce retailers automate their entire back office. You can manage orders, ship to customers, sync inventory across multiple sales channels in real-time, view detailed reports and take tight warehouse control – all from a single, easy-to-use platform.
- Warehouse inventory transfer: Create warehouse-to-warehouse transfers knowing the exact stock levels for both locations when sending and receiving – including inventory that’s currently in transit.
- Automated purchasing management: You can organize, forecast, purchase and track orders, book in stock and sync everything into your accounting software.
- Inventory automation rules: You can control exactly how much inventory to display for each of your sales channels by setting automatic rules. Choose to set the quantity to advertise, minimum quantity or as a percentage of your inventory.
- Streamline your accounting: Sync inventory, sales and purchasing data from every channel directly into your Xero, Quickbooks Online or Quickbooks Desktop accounting software.
Pricing: Free trial available. Paid plans start from approx $160 / month.
eSwap is a cloud-based inventory manager. It supports many integrations, and WooCommerce is one of them. Due to automatically updating and synchronizing functionality, you will be able to balance your stock levels.
- One-screen inventory management: This allows easy per channel filtering, sorting products using custom tags, view stock of all the warehouses for each item, import, export to CSV, adding new inventory directly from eSwap and sync to connected channels.
- Multi-variant products inventory management: This enables having separate variants stock in warehouses, sell variants individually and get reports per variants of the product, have different dimensions for variants for making correct shipping estimations.
- Archive for your inventory: Archive any product by keeping all related information about prices, inventory, images, etc. and then again unarchive the product when you need it, that too in bulk.
Pricing: A 14-day free trial is available. Paid plans starting from $99/month.
WooPOS comes with a powerful cloud database feature that helps to access your data anywhere, anytime. You can easily customize your WooCommerce store with physical retail locations and add automation and new functionality to your current WooCommerce setup.
Product identification, logistics, procurement, etc are now very easy with the help of a custom barcode label generator.
- Unlimited products + unlimited customization: Track an unlimited number of products and services with unlimited attributes. Every product in your database will be easy to edit, import, export, group, filter, and search.
- Inventory transfer: Track and maintain stock levels across multiple stores in real-time. Move stock between stores or your warehouse with stock transfers and quickly perform inventory lookups across all your sales channels.
- Custom barcode designer: There’s a built-in barcode designer that gives you the ability to design and print high-quality barcodes that work with major barcode systems out today. You can design, create and print customized mailing labels.
- Physical WooCommerce inventory count: Take a snapshot of your inventory file for a specific location that can be used as a reference. Different count types including full count, selective and spot count can be chosen.
Pricing: A 30-day free trial is available. Paid plans start from $99 / month.
ATUM Inventory Management for WooCommerce
ATUM WooCommerce Inventory Management plugin gives you full control of the WooCommerce stock. Edit every aspect of your WooCommerce inventory, suppliers, SKUs, locations, weight or even prices. Also, users can create purchase orders, setup locations, and suppliers.
- Bill of Materials management (BOM): The plugin introduces the first two levels of BOM. It lets you set the company’s raw materials and product parts.
- Product locations: This feature lets you create several storage locations per item.
- Product data edit: Change SKUs on the fly from one screen. Edit purchase prices, regular and sale prices directly from Stock Central.
- Advanced search & filters: Get the Suppliers column and a fully filtered product list by Supplier name. Other filters include inventory/stock filters, new product category filters, extra drop-down filters, and new column sorting.
Pricing: Free version available on WordPress.org. There are paid add-ons for export, starting at $80 / year.
Katana makes it easy for manufacturers selling on WooCommerce to handle business operations and inventory. Manage your product recipes, ensure on-time purchasing of materials, avoid stock-outs with relevant alerts, and control the production responsibilities of team members. Have full visibility of your order fulfillment process.
- Production planning: Track the availability of required materials, identify delay risks related to material supply lead times and get real-time production status overview info from the floor-level.
- Real-time inventory control and optimization: Provision for automated inventory transactions, maintain optimal inventory levels using reorder points and manage inventory across multiple warehouses.
- Sales order fulfillment: Track the availability of required products, identify delivery delay risks and re-prioritize to meet deadlines. Sync sales orders from multiple channels into a single dashboard.
Pricing: A 14-day free trial is available. Paid plans start from $99 / month.
WP Inventory Manager
WP Inventory Manager plugin is an open-source plugin with good features you need to manage your stock levels. However, you can also get a paid license. The advantage of a license is only the ability to get add ons.
- Advanced search: The plugin will create a search filter where users can choose the attributes of your inventory they want to filter by.
- Locations manager: You can seamlessly manage the inventory of multiple different warehouses or other locations. Set different item quantities for unlimited locations, prioritize where your inventory is reserved from, and more.
- Advanced inventory manager: Set up different types of inventory. This plugin allows you to define different attributes for each type (number of strings for guitars, the frequency range for microphones, etc). You can even customize the display setting and other options for each type.
- Bulk update: Update numerous inventory items at once. Search your inventory based on any field (type, name, make, etc.) and then change the fields of your choice for every item at once.
- Import and export: Import inventory from an external CSV file, and export all of your inventory items into a manageable spreadsheet easily.
Pricing: Free version available on WordPress.org. Paid add-ons for $149 / year.
Stock Sync with Google Sheets for WooCommerce
Sync products between WooCommerce store and Google Sheets easily. With the new Stock Sync with Google Sheet for WooCommerce plugin, you can now manage all your WooCommerce stock from the google sheet. You don’t need to do manual labor anymore.
- Auto-sync: Editing the sheet and syncing with the site is not all. The plugin automatically syncs in a two-directional path.
- One-click manual sync button: Get a backup button for sync data. If anything happens on the Google Sheet unexpectedly and if you want to manually sync the products and replace the old data in the sheet, then you can update manually with the new change on the site on your sheet with just one click.
- Export products to Google Sheet: On a simple spreadsheet, you may organize all of your store’s products in one spot and sync stock.
- Support for variable products: Get different rows for variable products of your store. There are no complications in uploading variable products.
Pricing: Starts from $99
Finale plugin automatically syncs your orders where it will make the proper stock adjustments and keep your inventory up-to-date.
- Cloud-based architecture: Your data in a secure cloud platform that updates in real time and is accessible from any internet-connected device.
- Centralized inventory: Keep track of all of your inventory from one place to ensure that the stock levels are accurate and up to date.
- Multi-warehouse support: Keeping track of inventory spread across multiple warehouses or locations — or moving stock between sites is simple with Finale Inventory.
- Order management: Integrates with all of your sales channels and marketplaces to keep your inventory levels accurate and up to date.
- Purchasing and replenishment: Offers automatic restock forecasting. Using your sales history, the tool can accurately calculate dynamic reorder points that anticipate the best time to request more of a given item.
Pricing: A 14-day free trial is available. Paid plans from $75 / month.
PW WooCommerce Bulk Edit
PW WooCommerce Bulk Edit is a WordPress plugin that helps you bulk edit your products and variations quickly.
- Bulk edit: Bulk edit products stock, sale price, regular price, product description, categories, etc.
- Inline edit: Make changes directly to the product fields and save them without going to the individual product page.
- Add variations: Add new attributes to the parent (variable) product. And you can automatically create new variations from the newly added attributes using a checkbox.
- Search filters: Advanced search filter options to fetch your desired products.
Pricing: Free version is available on WordPress.org, Pro version starts at $59 / year.
Stitch WooCommerce Inventory Management
This inventory management software is acquired by Square. The plugin helps you take control of your inventory through multi-location support, geographic order routing, automated backorder management, inventory reporting, etc.
This plugin is best suited for brands trading $1M or above or transacting over 25,000 orders per year.
- Multichannel inventory tracking and control: Automatically sync inventory levels across your WooCommerce stores via a centralized, master list.
- Low-stock alerts: Set low-stock thresholds and reorder points based on the number of units needed for automated replenishment alerts via email.
- Transfer orders: Find, track, and transfer your inventory to various locations, and edit the receipt of inventory post-transit.
- Inventory reporting: View historical stock and financials by WooCommerce channel, sales velocity, top performers and most popular product options.
Pricing: No fixed price. You need to contact support team for a paid plan.
StorePep is a native WooCommerce app for your mobile to manage and monitor your store on-the-go. It will help store owners maximize their productivity and efficiency by fulfilling orders on time.
- Real-time alerts: Alerts you on every single update like order status change and stock status.
- Manage shipping: As soon as a product is successfully delivered to the customer, you can change the order status of that order saying ‘completed’. StorePep will inform you about this order by the push notification feature.
- In-app stock update: You can change the stock status to ‘In Stock’ right from the phone.
- Order tracking: Displays arranged lists of orders based on different order status like Pending orders, Canceled orders, Refunded orders, etc. The app also lets you find the best-selling products in your store.
- Timely sales report: The report contains parameters like store’s total sales, average daily sales, total refunds, etc. The app displays these reports on the well-organized dashboard.
Pricing: Starts at $9 / month
Other WooCommerce inventory control and management softwares
If you are running a WooCommerce store and need to do a quick edit and bulk edit of products, variations, orders, any post type quickly, Smart Manager is your go-to solution.
Increase your productivity tenfold
As said earlier, WooCommerce inventory management is now a child’s task and it’s your turn now.
Hence, kick-start with a new approach towards your store administration and free yourself from daily irritation and mundane.
We have listed the best tools above to aid you out.
If you have used any one of these or other tools for the same, do share your experience with us and how it affected your productivity.
How do I add inventory to WooCommerce?
To add inventory to WooCommerce the default way, the ‘Enable Stock Management’ option must be selected. Refer to this doc for further details.
How many items can WooCommerce handle?
There is no limit but if need to handle 1000s and 10000+ products, you need better hosting, server, hardware.
Does WooCommerce have an inventory management system?
There is a default system that does the basic job of monitoring stock status and orders. You need plugins to manage inventory faster and better and with advanced features.
Can you set different inventory levels for each location using woocommerce multi locations inventory management?
Yes, with WooCommerce Multi Locations Inventory Management, you can set different inventory levels for each location.
How can I choose the right inventory management tool for my specific business needs in WooCommerce?
To choose the right inventory management tool for your specific business needs in WooCommerce, consider factors like budget, the size, the complexity of your business, etc. offered by different tools.