Last updated on January 5, 2021
WooCommerce export products – a goldmine of insights. This post will tell you how using a simple plugin, you can export WooCommerce products data to CSV – entire store data or filtered data. And also what insights you can get from your CSV export file.
Why do you need to export WooCommerce products data?
Running a WooCommerce store is not easy. With hundreds and thousands of products, it’s more challenging.
You often encounter situations where you need to export different kinds of data externally. Maybe for inventory management, reporting, sales, design your marketing campaigns, etc.
However, we have spreadsheets today to easily manage tons of product data.
You can export Woocommerce products data to excel as CSV, apply filters and interpret data easily.
Now, there’s a lot beyond CSV export. You can gain some solid insights from your products CSV export. We’ll look at it later.
How to export WooCommerce products using the traditional way? What’s there…what’s not?
The default WooCommerce, in the latest versions, has an in-built product import-export tool. You can use this tool to export products to a CSV file.
Go to WooCommerce > Products > Export.
You can export all product data or export based on column filters, product type and category filters as well as custom meta.
Click ‘Generate CSV’ and your product data CSV will be downloaded on your computer. This is good.
However you can’t do these using default WooCommerce
- Export products based on date filters
- Apply search filters and export
- Add and delete records before export
- Sort data before export
- Export fields of compatible plugins
Remember, without these, handling large export files becomes cumbersome. You definitely need an export plugin that does a lot beyond traditional export.
Not just any plugin, but a solution that is quick, easy-to-use and gives results.
And that solution is Smart Manager
Smart Manager for WooCommerce and WordPress speeds up your store management tasks.
The advantage of using this tool is that you get advanced export features you need for your products. It handles all complexities.
You can export products based on additional filters, conditions, custom taxonomies, product fields of compatible products like WooCommerce Subscriptions, WooCommerce Bookings, etc. All as a CSV file.
That’s the reason people also called Smart Manager as an all export plugin or WooCommerce store exporter.
Here’s what makes Smart Manager a great WooCommerce export products plugin
- Export all products data for all product types – simple, variable, subscription, bundles, etc.
- Export data based on product categories
- Columns-based export – Enable or disable columns before export.
- Export custom views or segmented views i.e export only required data by enabling / disabling data columns.
- Export based on column sorting – Sort a column, say sale price in descending order and then make an export.
- Apply search conditions and export.
Example – Export only those laptops of Dell and HP whose price is greater than $100.
- Apply date filters and make an export
Example – Export product data for the month of Jan 2021.
- Apply date, columns, search conditions together and export.
Example – Export only product name and stock columns for Feb 2019 and price between $50 to $100.
- Export WooCommerce products with images – featured images, product gallery images
- Smart Manager is compatible with top plugins like WooCommerce Subscriptions, WooCommerce Bookings, Product Add-ons, etc. You can perform WooCommercce subscriptions export, bookings export and custom product fields export of these plugins.
- Unlimited export anytime
- Export customers, customer orders, coupons, any WordPress post type
The bottom line,
Watch the video below to see how export is performed using Smart Manager.
Other Smart Manager features
- Bulk edit any fields of any post type quickly – products, orders, coupons, posts, etc.
- Inline edit – Make quick edits directly to any field using the spreadsheet without moving to any individual product, order, post, etc.
- Add your own logo to order printing and also print PDF invoices in bulk.
- Know the lifetime value (LTV) of all your customers along with their total purchases to date and last order details.
- Manage WordPress user roles – change user role, change password, etc.
and a lot more…
There are other good plugins out there that do only export things. But Smart Manager does more than export.
Top seven insights you can get from WooCommerce products’ export
As said earlier, your products export CSV is not just data. It’s a great well of insights. With applying smart filters in Smart Manager and then export data, or using filters in Excel, you can get these insights.
Let’s look at some important ones:
1. Monitor stock status
Export CSV, one today and one maybe a week later to compare the stock status of products, before and after. This will help you to take necessary action like which product is selling fast, which product isn’t selling, what to order more, how much buffer stock to keep, run a sale, etc.
2. See total sales for each product within the date range
Apply search filter to see products who made total sales > $500 in a week. If some good product sales are on the downside, some marketing tweaks are required.
3. Check for SEO follow links and indexing on products
Smart Manager is compatible with top SEO plugins – Yoast & RankMath. You can export all the SEO fields of these plugins for your products and make necessary changes. You can check whether there are any no follow links, keywords are the same for multiple products or not, page indexing, meta description, etc.
4. Featured images and product gallery images
You can export these images as URLs in the CSV file. You can confirm whether each image is relevant to the product as well as check if any image is missing or deleted. All this by clicking on each URL.
5. Check for sale price start and end dates
See the dates, then apply the same date range as a filter in Smart Manager and export. This will tell you how much sales each product made during the sale period.
6. Compare sale of taxable and non-taxable products
If taxable products are sold less in-spite of being popular, the total amount including taxes seems a burden. Now, you can’t decrease the taxes. However, you can reduce the sale price so that the total price seems less to the potential buyers.
7. View all subscription product-related details
This data will help you see the trial period, fees, sign-ups, etc. Based on this data, you can further make decisions on your subscription products like whether to increase or decrease trial duration, raise sign-up fees, etc.
WooCommerce export is good. But you need much more than the default capabilities – advanced, easy, insightful, etc.
And Smart Manager ticks all the boxes.
Not just export, it will also streamline your WooCommerce store management and make your life better.